43 year s late, I spot a joke in ANH.

UKS

Jedi Knight
Sat here, "working from home" with Star Wars on in the background... and I spot something I haven't noticed before in the 43 odd years I've watched this film.

C3PO is moaning and groaning at the start about the distance he is having to walk in Tatooine... His joints are almost frozen.

Except the escape pod is in the background and isn't more then 200 metres away. This is just like me on family walks. (My wife loves a looooong country walk.)

UKS

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
:lol:

3PO is such a moaning ol git through all 3 origionals. I guess R2 and 3PO play the Laurel and Hardy role so it works.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord

I find it almost impossible to watch the OT subjectively - I always see them through the eyes of a kid.

We had Star Wars taped from the ITV premiere and watched it so many times. One of the things we did was edit out the ad breaks as it was being broadcast, and on at least one occasion there's some footage we missed when it came back after the ads. I still find the shot of Uncle Owen walking through the Lars home (the shot after 3PO's "Oh he excels at that, sir" line) really weird, because we didn't have it on that tape!

jayums

Jedi Master
I had Star Wars on beta max. The picture quality was so bad I mistakenly thought as a kid that when Vader choked out the admiral in the Death Star that he made him spew up an egg yolk?!? Only when I watched it later that I realised it was a big button on the desk...

Funny some of those misconceptions you have as a kid! My only excuse is that I think I used to turn away at that bit cos I remember finding it scary :lol:

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
peekaygee73 said:

I find it almost impossible to watch the OT subjectively - I always see them through the eyes of a kid.

We had Star Wars taped from the ITV premiere and watched it so many times. One of the things we did was edit out the ad breaks as it was being broadcast, and on at least one occasion there's some footage we missed when it came back after the ads. I still find the shot of Uncle Owen walking through the Lars home (the shot after 3PO's "Oh he excels at that, sir" line) really weird, because we didn't have it on that tape!

I do that with old records, I hear a song in the radio and expect it to jump like my old childhood record.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
That's really funny, I never noticed it. It's very British humour. Well done George. :lol:

UKS

Jedi Knight
I accidentally recorded the Munch Bunch over a bit of our UK Premier ANH Betamax tape. I was from just after Obi-Wan's scream to being back in his hut. I instinctively (to this day) feel a little heart jump when we hit that bit in the film.

(My older brother stayed up that night and recorded a bit of closedown over it, so it was just white noise and blank rather than a cartoon.. which I thought was nice.)

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Darth Bobby said:
peekaygee73 said:

I do that with old records, I hear a song in the radio and expect it to jump like my old childhood record.

Sometimes I hear an old punk song on a CD from the late 70's and expect the next song to be the one on my punk mix tape I had as a kid that I used to listen to all the time :D

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
bosk70 said:
Darth Bobby said:
peekaygee73 said:

Sometimes I hear an old punk song on a CD from the late 70's and expect the next song to be the one on my punk mix tape I had as a kid that I used to listen to all the time :D

Amazing how memory works. I hear songs from the 70/80's and I remember every word. Now I watch a film and can't remember what happened in it a week later :lol:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I had a copy of ESB copied by my brother's friend who had, now make sure you're all sitting down for this, two video machines in 1985. He must have accidentally hit a button for it to record to broadcast TV during the operation because, for a few seconds, an Indian snake charmer appeared doing his thing.

Whenever the Falcon goes into the 'cave' tunnel, I half-expect him to appear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom