Alleged footage for cancelled Star Wars: Underworld project

UKS

Jedi Knight
https://www.aintitcool.com/star-wars-underworld-test-footage-82741/

Looks more like the prequels then Mandalorian. Which I guess it would do with the given time period (story is between ROTS and ANH) and real life time (just post prequels)

Anyway, saw it on AICN and thought I'd share!

UKS

jayums

Jedi Master
Saw this the other day. The shots look good but the close ups, dialogue, acting, sound mix etc seems very wooden and stilted. Like a very well done fan film (so it's probably genuine!)

Watching it reminded me of when I spent 24 hours downloading the phantom menace on a dial up modem months before the film was released in UK. I only watched it for about half n hour before turning it off. It was so bad I thought it was an elaborate hoax or very early rough edit, rather than the actual film. Sadly I was mistaken!

GLucas

Padawan
Made by Stargate Studios, a post-production studio founded in 1989 by cinematographer and special visual effects supervisor Sam Nicholson. So these are some kind of tests? I noticed the landing vehicle at the beginning of the scene, looks like a police vehicle from Blade Runner 8)

The89thchris

Padawan
It really killed me seeing people saying things like "We're soooo lucky that Lucas sold to Disney or we'd have got this terrible show!" So out of touch, this is a tech demo, when you see what the set looks like later in the video, the quality of the keying process, and object tracking is extremely advanced, especially when you consider they outsourced it to a smaller production house and when you consider that this was 2010, on a budget fitting of test footage.

If you watch the opening shot where the camera floats down to street level, and realize that you're looking at a crane shot on greenscreen, you can't help but get the point.

Seems like you guys got the point over here though. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom