For those who said they wouldn't go and see TRS

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.

If you originally said you would not go and see TRS, did you change your mind?

Yes, curiosity won me over.
29%
Yes, I was always going to, saying I wouldn't was just cos I was annoyed with TLJ.
No votes
No, but I might yet.
14%
No, and I doubt I will.
57%

Total votes: 7

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

For those who said they wouldn't go and see TRS

Post by weasel »

As the title says, for those amongst us who said they wouldn't go and see Episode 9 aka TRS, who relented in the end and who didn't?

I'm in the bottom category. :?
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: For those who said they wouldn't go and see TRS

Post by theforceuk »

So you still havn't seen Solo or TROS? :shock:

I'm suprised as surely you must think nothing can be as bad as TLJ.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

UKS
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by UKS »

I watched most of it via err..... alternative methods.

It sucked.

UKS

TK-7785
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by TK-7785 »

Before its release I had decided with 99% certainty I wasn't going to see it. Once it came out it was getting such varied reviews and two friends whose opinions I trusted said it wasn't as bad as TLJ convinced me enough to cave in and go and see it. It was a case of morbid curiosity really, like driving past a car crash and not being able to not look. Was I glad I saw it? With hind sight I really feel I could have gone without it and not missed much at all. It was a bloody mess and whether you like Eps 7-9 or not, calling it a "trilogy" is pushing it. A trilogy is a set of three cohesive films telling a larger story in 3 parts. Eps 7-9 do not do that. They feel like big budget fan films made completely independently from one another. They look like Star Wars but are severely lacking in story, plot and character arcs. But I give them credit for making me appreciate the prequels far more now.
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by Clarkspie&chips »

I haven’t seen TRS, not out of any spite or boycott, I just don’t find the characters or story in any way entertaining so I had no interest or excitement to watch it at the cinema.

I do have a curiosity though so will probably download it when I have an opportunity but there’s a lot of other recent films I will prioritise first.

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by weasel »

theforceuk wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:00 pm

True, I'm not sure how it would be possible to out do TLJ in terms of utter dreadfulness (is that a word?). Solo I may watch some day. I just think if I watch TROS and it's bad, albeit I'm not expecting as bad as TLJ, it will probably kill SW for me. I'll not being to watch the original trilogy without thinking of the abominations that followed. Whereas, ATM I can still watch them and say it was just TLJ and yer man Johnson that was a fuck up. Granted the prequels are kack but they are aimed squarely at kids. The new films are aimed at a wider audience.

theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by theforceuk »

weasel wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:37 pm
theforceuk wrote:

True, I'm not sure how it would be possible to out do TLJ in terms of utter dreadfulness (is that a word?). Solo I may watch some day. I just think if I watch TROS and it's bad, albeit I'm not expecting as bad as TLJ, it will probably kill SW for me. I'll not being to watch the original trilogy without thinking of the abominations that followed. Whereas, ATM I can still watch them and say it was just TLJ and yer man Johnson that was a fuck up. Granted the prequels are kack but they are aimed squarely at kids. The new films are aimed at a wider audience.
I wouldn't like to say what you will think of TROS, it's 50/50 if I was giving odds. I'm not even sure if you would like Solo.

One thing I have never understood is when people say all these other films have spoiled the origional trilogy for them. I don't get that at all, no matter what happens nothing can spoil those 3 films for me and when ever I go back to them it still feels like watching them back in the day and what ever happens that story will always stand alone.

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by weasel »

theforceuk wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:05 pm
weasel wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:37 pm
theforceuk wrote:

I wouldn't like to say what you will think of TROS, it's 50/50 if I was giving odds. I'm not even sure if you would like Solo.

One thing I have never understood is when people say all these other films have spoiled the origional trilogy for them. I don't get that at all, no matter what happens nothing can spoil those 3 films for me and when ever I go back to them it still feels like watching them back in the day and what ever happens that story will always stand alone.
If I watched TROS and it was dreadful every time I put on one of the OT I would just be reminded what a complete fuck up Lucas and Disney made of the franchise after the 1st three films and that would piss me off. That's what I mean, more than I would dislike the OT.

theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by theforceuk »

Yeah I can see that, but still the origional trilogy takes me back to the 80's as soon as I put any of them on. So the rest to me is just add ons that are completely seperate films in my head.

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by weasel »

I haven’t actually watched the OT in years, don’t get a free couple of hours any more.

theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by theforceuk »

weasel wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:44 am
I haven’t actually watched the OT in years, don’t get a free couple of hours any more.
I’m sure your son will want to watch them soon, my son watches them more than me now. I have loved watching them again with both my children, it’s the closest you will ever get to watching them for the first time again.

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by weasel »

Oh aye. He doesn’t get a choice in watching them. Along with all the cartoons I watched as kid. Though not He-Man. I rewatched that a few yrs ago, dear god. It is VERY different to how I remember it.

theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by theforceuk »

weasel wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:51 pm
Oh aye. He doesn’t get a choice in watching them. Along with all the cartoons I watched as kid. Though not He-Man. I rewatched that a few yrs ago, dear god. It is VERY different to how I remember it.
:lol: :lol:
Yes the original He-Man is pretty bad I have to agree. I watched the newer version the other day and that was alright. He-man Origins on YouTube, a lot better.

The A-Team is another one which is pretty bad.

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by weasel »

You cant knock the A-team!!

80’s cheese at its best

UKS
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by UKS »

I watch he-man with my young daughters. They love it!