Star Wars knock-off''s and spin-off's

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
Dr_Ball_MD
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Star Wars knock-off''s and spin-off's

Post by Dr_Ball_MD »

I've been downloading some dodgy films onto my harddrive. I'm currently working my way through all the films that are known as Star Wars knock off's. Also some spin-off's, the 2 Ewok films and might try to get through the whole of the Holiday Special!

So far I've got through Starcrash and trying to get my way through Battle Beyond the Stars. The latter is boring the shit out of me but Starcrash, oh my God I couldn't take my eyes off of it! It's known as the first and the worst knock-off. Released in 1978, it has Caroline Munro wearing an incredibly and unnecessarily skimpy "space" bikini (well) and you get the bonus of a 70's David Hasselhoff! Also a lawsuit worthy "Laser sword".

Also looking foward to Dünyayı Kurtaran Adam (known as the Turkish Star Wars and The Man who saves the world).

TK-7785
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Star Wars knock-off''s and spin-off's

Post by TK-7785 »

Dr_Ball_MD wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:41 pm
I've been downloading some dodgy films onto my harddrive.
Say no more, squire! :wink:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by theforceuk »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

UKS
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by UKS »

Never diss the glory that is STARCRASH!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the FIRST movie we rented as a family on BETAMAX from our local (brand new) video store.

I am pretty sure I didn't know it wasn't Star Wars BTW. This would have been very early eighties. (we had a video very very early as my dad was a technology obsessive - by searching betamax forums it looks like 1981)

I am pretty sure up till '82 (when I turned 5) I mixed this film up with SW and ESB in my head. Robot with the lightsabre, David Hasselhoff and Luke all got mashed together.

Christopher Plummer and his troops got mixed with Hoth Stormtroopers. I may also have mashed a bit of Battlestar in there as well, as I have an abiding memory of Lorne Greene in it. (which I am pretty sure he was not)

AND I LOVED IT. I am pretty sure we rented two or three times.

I am obviously not going to click the link and ruin my childhood.

UKS

Dr_Ball_MD
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Dr_Ball_MD »

Oh I'm not dissing Starcrash, i loved it!