The original trilogy - a 6 yr olds comments

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
scooternick
Regular
Regular

The original trilogy - a 6 yr olds comments

Post by scooternick »

I've just had the pleasure of sitting through ep 4, 5 and 6 with my daughter (in segments!). It is her first time watching SW and with only a basic idea of the films characters. They were the remastered versions. Highlights for me were:

- Her prediction that Vader was Luke's father as soon as Ben is killed in ANH (honest truth).
- Her face when Vader announced he was Luke's father (despite earlier predicting it was him!)
- How emotional she got at the end of ESB and how beautiful she thought the music was.
- How fake the CGI was for Jabbas band scene ('It looks too cartoony').

I could go on and bore you with others but these were some of my favourites. I feel very lucky to have got to do this with my daughter and chuffed she found them as magical as I did when I was young. It really brought back memories and also reminded me just how ridiculously good the soundtrack is!

theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: The original trilogy - a 6 yr olds comments

Post by theforceuk »

Love this, are you going to watch all the others now?
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

scooternick
Regular
Regular

Post by scooternick »

theforceuk wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:47 pm
Love this, are you going to watch all the others now?
Thanks mate. Yeah, thought I'd let her watch it in the same order as I did - didn't do me any harm (although she has seen the ghost of Hayden Christianson which thankfully I wasn't subjected to as a child!!)

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

This is great, and I'm not surprised she liked them. The original trilogy is timeless and every child should have the pleasure of watching them :-)