Master replicas ROTS vader helmet and darth sidious lightsab

sponners

Youngling
Hi guys, I've joined the site to see if I can get some more info and maybe valuations on a couple of items I have.

I have been given the job of selling LOADS of movie memorabila, autographs etc. for a friend of the family and in there is a boxed like new darth vader helmet (in 3 seperate bags) a stand, and a couple of signed plaques. I think it said it was number 470/500. how collectable is this piece and where is the best place to sell it and what sort of price should I ask?

Also I have a boxed like new lightsaber made by master replicas and the part number on the box is SW-132, again where is best to sell and at what price?

I'm in the uk btw.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

ps I do also have a master replicas star trek phaser (ST-102s) that I have a question about if anyone here knows about them.

sponners

Youngling
Ok thanks, I'll upload some pics soon once I've photographed everything I have here.

For now, this is the same helmet
http://www.starwarshelmets.com/MR_Vaders.htm

and this is the same lightsaber

2.png

sponners

Youngling
I also have this limited edition poster (black and gold foil?)
On the bottom it says Kilian enterprises and artist Dayna Stedry. In the lower right corner it says 27/90

410a-05.jpg

Another poster I have is the same as this but has loads of autographs by each character

anewhope003-69102-framed.jpg

sponners

Youngling
I'm still sorting through everything but here are the pictures of the star wars items I have (pic heavy).
I've realised that some of the authentication certificates for some of the memorabilia have been lost during the move :( but I've been assured that everything was genuine.
I do realise though that I'm propbably going to have to get them re-authenticated.
Helmet - mint condition
Lightsaber - mint condition
Posters - very good condition

Lightsaber
IMG_4896Large_zpsa683018e.jpg

IMG_4897Large_zps32f746eb.jpg

IMG_4898Large_zpsb11b1731.jpg

IMG_4899Large_zpsb7aa1460.jpg

IMG_4900Large_zpsef6129e8.jpg

IMG_4901Large_zpsdae925fb.jpg

IMG_4902Large_zps3fd3e332.jpg

IMG_4903Large_zpsdc9e0809.jpg

IMG_4904Large_zps047d27ff.jpg

IMG_4906Large_zpse188310e.jpg

IMG_4908Large_zps342d48d4.jpg

Darth helmet
IMG_4909Large_zpsc958476e.jpg

IMG_4910Large_zpseb4b595f.jpg

IMG_4911Large_zpse4232869.jpg

IMG_4912Large_zps667c3202.jpg

IMG_4913Large_zpsc1c5bd8b.jpg

IMG_4914Large_zpse331340d.jpg

IMG_4915Large_zpsd7b3dfe4.jpg

IMG_4916Large_zps6df9a44a.jpg

IMG_4917Large_zpse92973c6.jpg

IMG_4918Large_zps3052ba4b.jpg

IMG_4919Large_zpsd814a403.jpg

IMG_4920Large_zps8ffffb44.jpg

IMG_4921Large_zps2e9ffc39.jpg

IMG_4923Large_zpsce4d1854.jpg

IMG_4924Large_zpsbc5ab9ef.jpg

IMG_4925Large_zps4bcbfe6f.jpg

IMG_4926Large_zps0aa5a8ba.jpg

IMG_4927Large_zps18d7614d.jpg

IMG_4928Large_zpscab5b159.jpg

IMG_4929Large_zps8bb47aaa.jpg

IMG_4930Large_zps8f68c8a4.jpg

IMG_4931Large_zps7441b157.jpg

IMG_4932Large_zps8efe5730.jpg

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
hopefully a few on here can give you a valuation for youre pieces, i remember seeing quite a lot of signed replica stuff being sold around the time of the last film, my mate bought 2 sabers like yours i think they were a couple of hundred pounds each at the time so interested to see if thats gained in value much?

i couldnt quite see but have you got hammill, ford, fisher and guiness's signatures on the film poster? also is it an original cinema poster from back in the day or a later re-issue?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
In regard to the Vader helmet,

As with all ltd edition, the lower the number the higher the value to a collector.

EFX do a version now of this helmet. So this will appeal to the MR s collector

there have been quite a number of plaques up on ebay in the past, which are numbered, so provenance is the key as well.

It's a beauty of a helmet though :D

Maybe an idea to contact one of the prop replica forums ....the RPF for example, for specific advice, as MR is collectable due to them being very decent quality, and the fact they lost the Lucas licence therefore not produced anymore.

sponners

Youngling
pizzathehutt said:
hopefully a few on here can give you a valuation for youre pieces, i remember seeing quite a lot of signed replica stuff being sold around the time of the last film, my mate bought 2 sabers like yours i think they were a couple of hundred pounds each at the time so interested to see if thats gained in value much?

i couldnt quite see but have you got hammill, ford, fisher and guiness's signatures on the film poster? also is it an original cinema poster from back in the day or a later re-issue?

ok thanks mate.

I'm not sure who the signatures are from (they're all photographed above) this is one of the pieces that the authentification certificate has been lost, and that poster is a later edition, it's a 1998 Lucasfilm LTD.

The gold and black poster is an original.

sponners

Youngling
Michael Sith said:
In regard to the Vader helmet,

As with all ltd edition, the lower the number the higher the value to a collector.

EFX do a version now of this helmet. So this will appeal to the MR s collector

there have been quite a number of plaques up on ebay in the past, which are numbered, so provenance is the key as well.

It's a beauty of a helmet though :D

Maybe an idea to contact one of the prop replica forums ....the ROF for example, for specific advice, as MR is collectable due to them being very decent quality, and the fact they lost the Lucas licence therefore not produced anymore.

Thanks. I'll check out that ROF forum.

sponners

Youngling
bump for rough valuation on the movie posters.

I don't know know if I'm going to be able to find some one to come and issue a certificate of authenticity for these now and it is too far and will take too much time for me to take to them. I found one guy that would come to me to certify them but he wanted silly money to travel to me and wanted a full days wage.

Feel free to send the autograph pics to any reputable dealer and they will tell you they are genuine (to the best of their ability without seeing them in person of course).

I did find one company that does it via email, but by the sounds of their reputation they will even give certificates for fakes! :eek:

sponners

Youngling
IMG_4953Large_zps0fbd90fb.jpg

I have received a reply from http://www.starwarsmovieposter.com/ about the above poster.
I spent some time on google and could find very little information about the poster but Paul from the above site has been very helpful.
Here is what I know know about it.

Star Wars 10th Anniversary British (One-Sheet)
Date / Version: (1987) Gold
Artwork by: Dayna Stedry - Layout / Illustration
Variations: (Poster is found rolled) Size = (27" x 41").
Bootlegs: None Known

Other Info: The numbered poster was handed out at the Lucasfilm 10th anniversary party in England. This poster is made of a gold mylar coating and has the famous tagline - "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...". It also includes the phrase "The First Ten Years" and gives the anniversary party date, along with a logo.

"In my opinion if I had to put a real world collectors value on the item today, it would be around $350 -$500. Of course condition of the item has a lot to do with the value, along with the supply and demand. Also, movie poster dealers would try and sell the poster for at least 2x this amount. Also you might get more or less at an open auction depending on the number of parties interested in this one-sheet.

I remember when Jeff and Dayna printed these for this special occasion, they happen to live here in my hometown. Another plus in your favor is that not very many were printed in this "British" variation for the event, probably 90 + proofs."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom