Price Check - German General Mills 45 Back R5D4 MOC

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hi Guys.

Looking for any advice as to what would be a fair price to pay for this piece?

R5D4ESBGerman_1_zps9b57eef5.jpg

R5D4ESBGerman_2_zps45dcd2fa.jpg

As always any help much appriecated.

Cheers Guys

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Jason is your man, but with it being a GM 45 back & having the english collect all 45 on it I suspect so, saw a similar DSD on ebay & asked the oracle via PM & he confirmed its most likely a TT, bummer eh, as it looks so dam good, I really badly need a ESB offerless R5 as well, so I have everything crossed for you, though sadly the outlook seems bleak :|

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah I thought TT did not have twin stem bubble's as I have a Palitoy/Cipper Walrusman with one. :?

If it's not a TT I reckon about £150-£200 going on what I have seen others going for.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
This card is on the toni list, though there are only 11 on that list. However, it was for sale on toytoni.com with
the exact same bubble so I'm saying Toni on this one. Photo from toytoni.com on wayback.org:-

EUROr5d4.jpg

Jason

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Everything seems to be a TT unless it's got Kenner on the front. This R5 looks fine to me? WTF. :evil:

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Interesting that the bubble is starting to yellow and it seems to have some edgewear.

I can't recall seeing many TTs with yellowing bubbles.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Bubble yellowing is a factor of how the bubble is stored, I've seen 4 Toni's from Singapore all with really yellow bubbles that had turned that way due to the heat and humidity.

Jason

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm not saying your wrong Jason as you clearly know more than most on this subject and who am I to question. But this combination of card and bubble is known to be factory sealed. Without a better photo how can you be sure? If there is any doubt then it's a TT for me but you need to be carefull sticking your neck out. These waters are murky enough as it is.

panastur

Padawan
Hi Liam,

If we look closely at the full size picture, we can easily see that the seal looks genuine

R5D4ESBGerman_1_zps9b57eef5.jpg

Now, the R5 was well on Toni's lists , but this does not necessarily mean that it has been forged. Toni also aquired genuine blisters.
It's a false thought to think that everything sold by Toni is necessarily "forged". Toni also sold genuine factory sealed carded figures.
Hence there are a lot of possibilities that R5 is 100% real.

My2C

JC

panastur

Padawan
mr_palitoy said:
How does the seal on that look any different from the one I posted from toytoni.com?

Jason

Hi Jason,

It looks pretty much the same at first sight, but the Toni picture you provided is to small to tell... The seal on Liam's R5 follows the same pattern all arround the edges. The bubble side in contact with the cardboard is not fully sealed to the very edge ends as it happens with genuine seals.

I am sure if Liam send us correct pictures of the back, we'll appreciate the weavy depression caused by the original die.

JC :wink:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
panastur said:
mr_palitoy said:
How does the seal on that look any different from the one I posted from toytoni.com?

Jason

Hi Jason,

It looks pretty much the same at first sight, but the Toni picture you provided is to small to tell... The seal on Liam's R5 follows the same pattern all arround the edges. The bubble side in contact with the cardboard is not fully sealed to the very edge ends as it happens with genuine seals.

I am sure if Liam send us correct pictures of the back, we'll appreciate the weavy depression caused by the original die.

JC :wink:

You can see the same kind of seal on the one I posted from Toytoni.com on the right hand bubble edge. A picture of the back
of the card would help. Increased pressing/indent round the bubble area on the back of the card is a sign of a factory
seal too.

cheers Jason

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Thanks for the input Jason and JC.

Certainly very interesting and this reintegrates the point that more confirmed factual evidence needs to come to light on this. Something which I cant see happening unfortunately :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom