Help with valuation of SW + ESB Palitoy cards

chiquetaba

Youngling
Hi guys :wink:

I'd like to get some feedback from Palitoy collectors regarding those old PALITOY cards I consider selling but I have no clue if they're worth something...

The Luke and Bossk are resealed, and the DSD bubble is cut open on the top edges.
Luke is a 12-back ; Bossk a 30-back with hand painted figures, and DSD a 20-back with Death Star.
stephane

luke_palitoy2.jpg

luke_palitoy.jpg

bossk_palitoy.jpg

bossk_palitoy2.jpg

dsd_palitoy.jpg

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
These Palitoy cards are sort after. I would be interested in them if you decide to sell so will let someone else give you a valuation for them.

Cheers

Mark

chiquetaba

Youngling
Hi Mark, I'm Stephane, author of the Meccano to Trilogo and French Touch books :wink:

In case we know already, do not hesitate to drop me a mail :wink:

I'm not especially looking for the highest possible value for them, just wanna know how much they're worth to decide if I get part from them.

stephane

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Hi Stephane,

Did not know this was your username on here. Have sent you a pm.

Cheers

Mark

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
A palitoy luke 12 back is worth a £100 these days, so reseal has got to be at least £150.
A £100 for the DSD and £75 for 30B Bossk. Based on that.

I think vectis or one of the minor auction houses (name forgotten) have sold some palitoy reseals recently. What did they go for?

cheers Jason

Palifan

Sith Lord
The last 12 A back Luke that sold on ebay was back in November last year and it was in great shape, complete with footer and the top of the bubble had been sliced. It went for 108 GBP so I'm thinking yours is maybe at the 100 GBP mark top end due to condition and missing footer. I would also be very careful of the saber as it looks quite brittle to me judging by the fading to it.

The last DSD went for 65 GBP back in January of this year and again was in great shape with the top of the bubble being sliced but no footer. Due to the crushing of the bubble of yours but having the footer I'm thinking it would go for around the same about, maybe 80 top end.

The last Bossk 30 A back (I think yours is a B?), went for 49 GBP in September of last year which again was nice with sliced bubble and no footer. This one doesn't come up all the time but again looking at condition I'm thinking around 55-70 GBP.

As you know when putting things up on ebay it can change daily for what the same items go for but hopefully this is of some help to you.

Oh and fantastic Meccano to Trilogo book, I've got both editions and it's such a great read. :D

Ian

chiquetaba

Youngling
Hi Ian, thanks for your input, Luke and Bossk have been sold in 5 minutes on the lower end of Jason's estimate :eek:

Thanks as well of the feedback on the book, but don't forget about "LA FRENCH TOUCH", my second book released in 2013. It covers the entire range of products, in every category, retailed in France from 1977 to 1987, with professional material, posters, and even a press review. The TOYS chapter itself is the equivalent of Meccano to Trilogo, with much more material, updated info, and all upgraded pictures :) !!

stephane

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Hi Stephane,

Can't believe they sell so quick on Facebook. I should probably join it at some point!

Well done with your sales. I will have to keep hoping prices drop a bit. :)

Mark

Palifan

Sith Lord
chiquetaba said:
Hi Ian, thanks for your input, Luke and Bossk have been sold in 5 minutes on the lower end of Jason's estimate :eek:

Thanks as well of the feedback on the book, but don't forget about "LA FRENCH TOUCH", my second book released in 2013. It covers the entire range of products, in every category, retailed in France from 1977 to 1987, with professional material, posters, and even a press review. The TOYS chapter itself is the equivalent of Meccano to Trilogo, with much more material, updated info, and all upgraded pictures :) !!

stephane

Pretty close with my estimates and well done on such speedy sales. I'm thinking "LA FRENCH TOUCH" is the other book I have that I mentioned.......just checked and it is the one! :D

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom