Adidas Stormtrooper figure

clemos

Hi guys,

Recently bought this Adidas Stormtrooper figure and have another one in the post, just wondering if anyone has any info on these and if there is a rough value? I've been told they were promo pieces from when Adidas and Star Wars did a collaboration, can't find any info on the net though.

Black pink Stormtrooper.jpg

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Found this one on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262333430122

Could be a legit promo item but certainly using modern components.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
It's a custom. There are too many variants of the card back and more importantly the figure. I've seen this rough black bootleg figure version, the clean black Poon trooper, vintage stormtrooper (in various conditions) and white Poon trooper. If it were an ADIDAS promotional item, they may have made numerous card back colour variants, but no way they'd have used that random variety of used and bootleg figures... it's simply not considered enough to be a corporate promo from one of the worlds biggest brands.

clemos

I believe they are real, only because I've spoke to a guy who has a collection of orange, pink and green Stormtroopers and Boba Fett figures, who says they were purchased at a convention in Germany many years ago. Obviously Adidas and Star Wars did a collaboration of many items, and with Adidas being a German company and these others being purchased in Germany, it all seems to make sense if these figures were never actually released. Either way, I think they are cool. I've never got into collecting Kenner/Palitoy figures, just because I'd want a mega collection which would cost a lot, and I haven't got a spare room to display them. I do however have 3 Addict x Star Wars boxed t-shirts signed by Jeremy Bulloch.

SOJ

Sith Lord
clemos said:
I believe they are real, only because I've spoke to a guy who has a collection of orange, pink and green Stormtroopers and Boba Fett figures, who says they were purchased at a convention in Germany many years ago.

Believing they are real and them being real are two entirely different things. Show us evidence that Adidas or Lucasfilm or Hasbro endorsed these. Speaking to a bloke with rainbow coloured stormies isn't gonna cut it. Sorry to harsh but a half dozen knowledgeable people have told you it is a custom and you still wont have it.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Firstly, that figure uses the promotional art from the 2010 Adidas/Star Wars collaboration, so it's not vintage.

Secondly, Hasbro have the worldwide rights to produce Star Wars figures and they didn't produce it.

Finally, it's my understanding the figure has a GMFGI 1977 COO, despite not being vintage and not being produced by Kenner/Hasbro, which can only mean it's a fake/bootleg/custom (take your pick).

By any chance is the guy telling you the information about this the same guy selling them to you?

colinrice1

I've got a mate who works in the marketing department for Adidas UK and has done for years, he's a massive star wars fan. I bought him one of these as a best man gift for his wedding off ebay ( I'm clearly not very generous...) from a guy is Spain who was producing loads of versions. I'm fairly certain he would have mentioned them in the past before his wedding if they were legit. I can ask him if people are really curious... they have done lots of collaborations of course, I've still got my x wing trainers he got hold of for me 6 years ago!

colinrice1

As a follow up, here's some of the other stuff I bought from the same seller. I should add, I was much less of a purist back then!

Attachments

• 20161224_073947.jpg
    20161224_073947.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 826
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom