Vinyl Cape Jawa

SteveDixey

Padawan
Hi. About five years ago I gave my old star wars figures to my son to play with. Thankfully he hasn't shown much interest. After a clean out of his room I've decided that it's time to sell what I have. With this in mind I had kept a box to the side for what I thought might be of value. After some research I have found that I have a vinyl caped jawa. I was seeking confirmation that this is the rare type I have seen on line. I would appreciate any comment.

Attachments

• 20170117_181618.jpg
    20170117_181618.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,048

poncho

Grand Master
that is a cut ben kenobi cape im afraid

it should be the same colour as the jawa and it shouldnt hit the ground. it needs to be aprox 0.5cm above ground.

lejackal

Grand Master
The length of the cape from the angle you have photographed it looks wrong, hence the response you got, that said if you look at the shadow there does actually appear to be a gap.
If you could show pictures from the side showing the arm hole it would help, as well as a shot straight on to make it easier to assess the cape length

thanks

Carl

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Agree with Poncho re the colour - that looks darker than it should although the distance to the floor doesn't look too bad to me - I'd expect it to sit a couple of millimetres above the ground. The key test will be that on one side of a genuine vcj cape there will be a fine cross hatch texture that is not present on the other side. Arm holes look nice and tight.

SteveDixey

Padawan
Side shot. It's definitely the same cape when purchased. Again not sure if it's worth anything. I don't have the blaster.

Attachments

• 20170117_215051.jpg
    20170117_215051.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,029

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Hi mate - that colour really does look iffy...

What about the cross hatching - that's going to be key?

The blaster can be picked up on eBay easily enough so don't worry about that.

If you want I can post a pic of my vcj if that helps for comparison.

SteveDixey

Padawan
My old man would've have bought in Adelaide South Australia at the time it was released. What is the cross hatching you are referring to?

Attachments

• 20170117_220917.jpg
    20170117_220917.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,020

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Ah well that could explain it, if you are in Australia it could be the Toltoys version which does indeed have a darker cape, and is also much rarer and more valuable. Hopefully somebody here can confirm

toltoys-esb-vcjawa-1.jpg

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Well this fella sold on eBay last month for US$2,500.

Obviously this is complete and graded but all the same - I bet you're glad your boy didn't take to it!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322363664547

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Definitely looks legit , if you can do a close up of the cape and take an HD photo, value would be around £1400 to £1800 on that little bugger!! Maybe more on a good day

Check for any rips or tears on the cape , this will really affect the value , unless you're names Giles :lol: :lol:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Yep, mystery solved it seems!

Congrats, that is a rare and highly sought after figure.

Standard VCJ's are fetching £1000 ( :roll: ) this will be worth more.

Palifan

Sith Lord
That Australian VCJ cape looks to be in amazing condition and quite often the figure has green/blue mold spots on it which yours doesn't look to have. Maybe it was stored in perfect conditions but I'd say the price would be very high for it and dare I say might even be worth grading as it really would push the price of it even higher (especially with it probably getting a high grade). You might need to find an original blaster for it if you do grade it but either way it's a great piece to have.

Ian

SteveDixey

Padawan
Wow. I just woke up to some amazing news! For the record there some dark green spots on the little fella. I guess that decreases the value?

Lindo

Sith Lord
well done steve awesome figure mate, probably knock the price down a bit but probably not much tbh

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
The green spots only affect the value slightly as they almost all have them. you should be able to pick up the blaster for $10-15 to complete him. Be VERY careful with the cape, if I were you don't try and remove it as even a small tear could knock hundreds off the value.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom