MOC Empire Strikes Back Palitoy Darth Vader

Ask expert collectors for advice on pricing items.
Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: MOC Empire Strikes Back Palitoy Darth Vader

Post by Wreck-It Ralph » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:14 pm

stumble wrote:Hi All.

My parents are having a big sort out and found this:
https://imgur.com/a/AZ7MEMb

We guess it was bought for me around Christmas 1982 / 83, but someone else in the family got me the same figure. So this one was packed away and forgotten about.

The card is clean and straight. The bubble is intact, but creased slightly on top. You can see this in the photo of the front - between his hand and knee, on the right hand side. There is a scuff across the card on the front, top right.

Could you please help me with a valuation? Searching for ESB Palitoy Darth Vader auctions on ebay only brings up items with the Palitoy logo on the front of the card.

Many thanks!
Hi Sorry to ask a non valuation question but do you know anymore about the history of the piece like when it was bought, who it was bought for and for what occasion and why it was never played with, why was it put into storage and how it was found as I find this more interesting than its Market Value.
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

olisuds
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by olisuds » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:29 pm

Wreck-It Ralph wrote: Fascinating list, must take a lot of knowledge and experience to formulate a list like that!

Is there a big value difference between 45A and 45B?

Are the figures with TT against them also available as original and how does that affect thier rarity?
Not a great deal of experience from my side. Just based on research of past sales on eBay, Vectis and Forums as well as various past posts and conversations I found mostly involving input from Gary, Jason, Andy and others.

I’m not that experienced at telling the difference from Toy Toni’s so cant be sure how common legit examples are however I’ve seen quite a number of Chewbacca’s with store price stickers.

stumble
New User
New User

Post by stumble » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:32 pm

Wreck-It Ralph wrote: Hi Sorry to ask a non valuation question but do you know anymore about the history of the piece like when it was bought, who it was bought for and for what occasion and why it was never played with, why was it put into storage and how it was found as I find this more interesting than its Market Value.
This info is all already in the first post. I don’t know exactly where it was bought.

Wreck-It Ralph
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Wreck-It Ralph » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:10 pm

Did you sell your 45B Vader after all?
Because he's holding a thermal detonator!!

We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.

Zimmorrr
New User
New User

Post by Zimmorrr » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:25 pm

Hey guys, I'm new here. My name is Mattias and I come from Sweden.

I came across this post and saw the list of rare 4b cardbacks. I habe this one with a Swedish price sticker.

I know its rough but what would u value this at?
Attachments
20190828_130645.jpg
20190828_130645.jpg (89.59 KiB) Viewed 128 times

olisuds
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by olisuds » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:10 am

I believe Leia Hoth is very rare on a Palitoy 45b. Perhaps only a few sealed carded examples known. I’ve only seen one myself but some of the more knowledgeable Palitoy collectors will be able to confirm exactly. In fact any Leia is very rare on a 45b. Funnily enough some of the rarer 45b have been turning up in Scandinavia store finds.

I’m not that aware of cardback numbers and value. Jason Smith would be best to ask on that.