Palitoy Jeffer Baggies - Valuation

ldr

Padawan
Ok so, I had a set of first 12 palitoy baggies which i bought from the con artist Jeff Glanville, some years ago.

So, now it turns out they are fake. I sent a few to UKgraders last year. The Luke it turns out had been touched up, and so not gradable.

I have now opened the remaining baggies I have.

Darth Vader is fine and in great condition.
Chewbacca is also great.
C-3PO seems fine.
Sand People also seems fine.

Jawa has sticky hands, and the face looks like it might have been repainted - cant tell.
Luke has sticky trousers, chest and hands.
Obi wan has sticky hands.
DSC has sticky hands and boot.
Stormtrooper has sticky hands.

So all these last lot have been touched up.

Original figures and weapons...but touched up.

So my question, what do i do with these figures? What are they worth touched up?

Here are some pictures.

P1210501.JPG

P1210500.JPG

P1210498.JPG

P1210503.JPG

P1210505.JPG

P1210506.JPG

P1210507.JPG

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Firstly, such a shame that you along with others have been ripped like this, I know the Glanville situation has been discussed at length but it is a very sad and disgraceful thing this person has done.

If you sell the loose items, as long as you but them up with the caveat of where they have come from, and they are touched up you are being up front open and honest. Some collectors will not mind having touched up items in their collection, but obviously will not pay the market price, as they are not pure vintage. There is also the fact that nefarious buyers on eBay for example will flip the items and not allude to their glanville dodgy provenance and therefore innocent buyers will be scammed, through no fault of yours.

Test the waters on here with a FS thread with the caveats clearly outlined and see if you get anywhere, you could even trade.

For example I need a Vader saber and would buy the Vader for the saber and keep the figure just for my own display purposes.

You could also sell off the accessories and weapons if they are legit as you know the weapons on their own do command decent prices.

Unfortunately it's about damage limitation for you, trying to turn a negative into a positive.

All the best with what you decide to do mate

ldr

Padawan
Thanks for the help Michael.

Any idea on prices? I believe i have to list a price.

Thanks
lewis

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Best idea is check eBay sold listings, and list at around those prices, then any items that are touched look at figure plus weapon

So for example LFB with
Correct vintage saber but touched up,

Saber £14 to £20 depending on how much someone wants it
Figure £12

I know that seems cheap, but saber you can get the right money for if it's Kosher but the figure is touched up

Best advice is to look at sold listings on eBay and work back from there

This is only my opinion though mate, hopefully others will chip in

maxf

Jedi Master
Im not sure 'sticky limbs' on their own means figures are touched up - I sealed some figures in plastic bags for a few years, thinking I was doing the right thing to preserve them.... when I opened them they were almost all sticky (they werent touched up)! I believe it's plastic degradation made worse by being sealed in non-acid free plastic bags.

Not defending Jeff btw... I just dont want people to assume anything 'sticky' means it's been tampered with.

ldr

Padawan
Thanks Max. I know the Luke is definately touched as the paint on his chest doesnt match the colour on his neck.

Not 100% about the others. But pretty sure being sticky is going to put any potential buyers off, either way.

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
I don't own any baggies but have read all the information supplied on here by others. Is Jeff not offering refunds since these have now been confirmed fake?

I believe you should be entitled to get your money back mate.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
x-wingMark said:
I don't own any baggies but have read all the information supplied on here by others. Is Jeff not offering refunds since these have now been confirmed fake?

I believe you should be entitled to get your money back mate.
It's passed his made up cut off date. In his eyes he's no longer obliged to issue refunds

ldr

Padawan
Yeah unfortunately Jeffs not interested. His cut off date has passed.

Though he forgot to tell anyone who wasn't on forums that they could return the baggies before a certain time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom