Jawa (Vinyl Cape) & Yuk Face... Authentic?

LeiaStar

Hi, I've just acquired a Jawa (Vinyl Cape) Star Wars Figurine and I'm looking for some expertise in authenticating it. I have checked vinyl under magnifying glass and found a very small square pattern on one side and smooth on the other. I've checked the colour and it looks right, the arm holes seem to be a snug fit... However I'm new to collecting and just wondering if anyone can help me out with tips on what else I need to look for. If anyone has any idea on value be much appreciated too.
I also have Yuk Face. Would love any help with checking its authenticity too.
:D

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,424
  • 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,419
  • 1 (3).jpg
    1 (3).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,421
  • 20190407_195532.jpg
    20190407_195532.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,423
  • 20190407_195544.jpg
    20190407_195544.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,423
  • 20190407_195548.jpg
    20190407_195548.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,420

Palifan

Sith Lord
I have to say that the color of the Jawa's cape looks a bit off to me. It could be the way the light is bouncing off of it but if you have a Ben Kenobi with cape then put that next to it to see if it's the same color (as it shouldn't be). This color looks closer to an Australian one but that color also differs from Ben's cape but it's possible.

You say that the armholes are tight, are they tight all the way around? Let's see what others think but all of my VCJ's I've ever had have a cape color that matches the figures color pretty closely.

Ian

batman

Padawan
The figure itself is the right figure for the Toltoys vinyl cape http://theswca.com/images-forei/toltoys-esb-vcjawa.html and at first glance the cape also looks correct for the Australian version so if you bought it in Australia from a childhood collection it could be authentic. This cape is easily faked so if you want to sell it people will only buy it graded or expect a full refund if they send it in for grading and it gets refused. Once it is graded it can be worth up to $2500 if it is in perfect near mint condition.

Palifan

Sith Lord
batman said:
The figure itself is the right figure for the Toltoys vinyl cape http://theswca.com/images-forei/toltoys-esb-vcjawa.html and at first glance the cape also looks correct for the Australian version so if you bought it in Australia from a childhood collection it could be authentic. This cape is easily faked so if you want to sell it people will only buy it graded or expect a full refund if they send it in for grading and it gets refused. Once it is graded it can be worth up to $2500 if it is in perfect near mint condition.

All good info although I wondered how you can tell from the pictures that it's the right Jawa figure for the Toltoys version? I know that most of the Toltoy VCJ figures tend to have blue/green spots on them from plastic degradation but without seeing all of the Jawa posted up here and the COO it would be great to know if there's a way of telling it's a Toltoys figure from the front?

It would be great though if it is a Toltoys VCJ as it looks to be in great shape and it would be a significantly rarer VCJ to find than the Kenner version.

Ian

batman

Padawan
The figure has the larger type Torso combined with the limbs with the nipples on the hands and the smaller feet from the right coo family. It is a rare combination and most likely a bad batch as they also discolor very easily and the paintwork is often sloppy. The figure is not unique to Australia but i have only been able to find them in 1 other country.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
batman said:

All good info although I wondered how you can tell from the pictures that it's the right Jawa figure for the Toltoys version? I know that most of the Toltoy VCJ figures tend to have blue/green spots on them from plastic degradation but without seeing all of the Jawa posted up here and the COO it would be great to know if there's a way of telling it's a Toltoys figure from the front?

It would be great though if it is a Toltoys VCJ as it looks to be in great shape and it would be a significantly rarer VCJ to find than the Kenner version.

Ian

I've owned two Toltos Jawas in my time and this most certainly looks like one. I might be interested if you decide to sell, maybe, lol.

If you can post photos of two things please. A close up of the the cross hatch pattern and the close up of the bottom front edges of the cape which should be tiny points. Thank you. :)

tigerham

Sith Lord
These are the points I am refering to. They should be slightly turned up and pointy... (hgard to see in my poor quality photos, apologies)

J621x828-01848CIRCLE.jpg

tigerham

Sith Lord
Having another look at yours against mine (as it's been a while) yopur colour looks a littrle more colourful where as the TT ones are usely a more duller colour (if that makes sense). But it could be just the lighting. Also the actual Jawa figure looks to be a normal one. Is there any spotttin on the limbs at all as can not see the legs?

This is also a TT Jawa sign.

Your's appears to have the pointy end on the cape.

tigerham

Sith Lord
A link to my second one sold last year. You can see how the lighting can affect thew colour as it looks a lot stronger than both the above Jawas capes...

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=37235

The cape was in near mint condition, it's usually the Jawas spotted limbs thaty let the grades down. But I can't see any on yours from those photos.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom