Palitoy Han Hoth 30A Reseal

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm looking for some help please on pricing this Palitoy Han Hoth 30A Reseal. I know what I think it's probably worth, but reseals can be tricky to price, so any opinions from the forum would be welcome :)

The figure, bubble and weapon are the originals that came with the card, however the footer is a custom one made by me. The original tape holding the weapon had long-since yellowed and come off, so I cleaned off the old residue, and then used high quality Scotch acid-free tape to reattach the weapon (this tape is not supposed to yellow over time).

Obviously the bubble has started to yellow, and there is a small ding at the top right of it, plus there is a small tear in the bubble (presumably from when it was originally opened back in 1980) at the top centre where it joins the card. The previous owner had also had sellotape on a couple of areas of the card for many years; one in the region behind the figure's left hand which doesn't show too badly, and the other more obvious one immediately above the bubble. I was able to drastically improve both of these, especially the one above the bubble, but both areas are obviously still visible. That aside, the backing card is actually excellent, with good colour and is also unpunched.

Han Hoth - 01.jpg

Han Hoth - 02.jpg

Han Hoth - 03.jpg

Han Hoth - 04.jpg

Han Hoth - 05.jpg

Han Hoth - 06.jpg

Han Hoth - 07.jpg

Han Hoth - 08.jpg

Han Hoth - 09.jpg

coomber75

Sith Lord
god reseals are tough to price ... great figure great cardback pure guess of what id pay as a place holder... 50-75 but pure guess on this one

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I don't think you're far off at £75 for it but maybe a tiny bit more, last one I know sold for £70 and it was slightly worse than this and punched, so maybe £85-90 - sub £100 for sure as he's one of the easier ones to get.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
I don't think you're far off at £75 for it but maybe a tiny bit more, last one I know sold for £70 and it was slightly worse than this and punched, so maybe £85-90 - sub £100 for sure as he's one of the easier ones to get.
That's interesting, thank you. So far I have only received people's best guesses, which are very kind and nice to have, but nothing beats an actual sale price to help pin down a value. Please can I ask how long ago the one sold for £70 was? And do you remember if it was on eBay, Facebook or elsewhere? I'd like to be able to compare condition if possible. Thanks :)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
It was at Echo Live last year - the autumn one. Gary Maguire had it on his table along with a couple of others.

His had a mark on the card in a similar spot to yours and was minus the footer but the bubble was pretty clear. Like I say, it was slightly worse (only slightly) than yours.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
It was at Echo Live last year - the autumn one. Gary Maguire had it on his table along with a couple of others.

His had a mark on the card in a similar spot to yours and was minus the footer but the bubble was pretty clear. Like I say, it was slightly worse (only slightly) than yours.
Thanks very much for the info.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
That's a pretty decent reseal what with the neatly done reseal, the footer being present and the gun taped. Assuming all parts r vintage original it should sell for around £100 and if the bubble was clear it would sell quick I'm sure :!:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
palitoyjunky said:
That's a pretty decent reseal what with the neatly done reseal, the footer being present and the gun taped. Assuming all parts r vintage original it should sell for around £100 and if the bubble was clear it would sell quick I'm sure :!:
Thank you. I wish the footer and tape were vintage originals, but as stated in the original post, whilst everything else is vintage, the footer is a custom one (albeit quite an accurate one), and the original tape had yellowed and come off, and hence the tape now present is new, acid-free, non-yellowing tape.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom