Sell as a collection or as individual items?

Bags500

Youngling
Hi,

new to all this, have the following to sell. Question: would you sell as a collection to a dealer or sell it yourself in individual lots via eBay or some other auction website.
Imperial Troop Transporter (with box)
Dagobah Action Playset (with box)
Darth Vaders Star Destroyer (with box)
Rebel Armoured Snow Speeder (with box)
Death Star (with box) - looks intact 😀
AT-AT (with box)
Millennium Falcon (no box)
FYI they have been in my in-laws loft for the past 40 odd years!

Thanks 🙏

UKS

Jedi Knight
You would get more individually but a lot more hassle.

So if you are time rich and cash poor - I'd sell myself.

Time poor? Sell it to a "good" dealer.

Time rich and cash rich? You have the start of a great collection - good luck getting the rest! 😀

Bags500

Youngling
thanks!
Next question where do I find a 'good' dealer?
I appreciate dealers need to make a living so what would the mark up usually be as a percentage of the sale?
We also have about 50 figures to sell.
All this gear is my husbands but alas needs must and we need a new kitchen so he's made the decision to sell :lol:

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I would be interested in purchasing as a lot if that is the way you want to go.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Bags500 said:
thanks!
Next question where do I find a 'good' dealer?
I appreciate dealers need to make a living so what would the mark up usually be as a percentage of the sale?
We also have about 50 figures to sell.
All this gear is my husbands but alas needs must and we need a new kitchen so he's made the decision to sell :lol:

It depends on the dealer. In a bricks and mortar shop, it's not unusual to only receive one third of what the dealer will end up selling the items for, because they have to cover their overheads as well as turning a profit. However, if the items are worth a lot, that may edge up to half the value or even more, depending on the dealer.

If you don't sell to a bricks and mortar dealer, the percentage / proportion of the final sale price (i.e. what you receive for selling them) may well be different, and could be very different. And bear in mind that selling them as a single lot will also get you less cash, but does save some (and perhaps a lot) of hassle.

It's always good practice to have an idea of the true value before you sell them, so that you can make an informed decision regarding whether to accept any offers that you receive or not.

I recommend taking good quality photos of what you have, and not just the toys. The real value is in the boxes / packaging, and condition is King, so take good photos of all sides of them. The better the condition of the boxes, the more they're worth.

As for your loose figures, again condition is critical, but so (usually) is having their accessories, so again photograph your figures and the weapons / accessories that you have and post the lot in the Valuations thread here on the Forum to receive a free estimation of their value.

Bags500

Youngling
That's great thank you - advice much appreciated!
We will go through the items and at some point will post the pictures here. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom