Advice sought please

Paulmichael

I wonder if anyone can give me some advice.
Whilst recently having a clear out I came across a couple of Star Wars items which I have sought values from various sources but have been told that values are unknown as they are unique and at least one well known auction house told me they had no idea as they hadn't come across it before, and then someone suggested this site.
The items are firstly a ticket to a special pre-release cast and crew screening of the film in July 1977 a few months before it was released here in the UK. As can be seen from the photo the ticket was initialled to admit 2 people. The initials are PL which was Percy Livingstone who was Chairman of 20th Century Fox UK at the time and who gave me the ticket as he was a neighbour and friend of my parents at the time and who suggested to them that I (teenager at the time) might like this new film that had recently come out in the US.
The second is a promotional t-shirt that he gave me that had been given out in the US to help promote the film. Its had a lot of wear but no rips or tears.
Any ideas as to value please?
Thank you
starwarstshirt.jpg

starwarsticket.jpg

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Hi,

The special screening invitations are the most common ones (still rare though!) when it comes to passes and tickets for the initial UK release of the first film. They came in 3 different colours - white, blue and pink. They would normally fetch between £100-£150 each although I've not seen one come up for sale in recent months. If you'd had a premiere invatiation or cast and crew screening invite then you'd be looking at over £1000!

These tickets were largely for press screenings, competition prizes, charity events, promotional purposes.

The shirt is a tough one in terms of value as it's worn but could still fetch £50-100, possibly more to the right person who desparately needs one - vintage shirts like that do come up for sale - the most valuable ones are crew shirts.

Hope this helps :)
Cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom