UK Star Wars collection - 1982-86 vintage - figures and vehicles

ionian21

Youngling
I'm looking for a ballpark figure for the following as a bulk lot

Images of all toys are available at this link: https://simongrimesphotography.pixieset.com/starwarsfigures/

Details as follows:

37 action figures from the Empire and ROTJ Kenner sets. Details in the photos - accessories are next to the figures where I have them, plus I have a photo of accessories that go with these figures but I can't remember what goes where. I trust you will know better than me. However, most will be complete. All are inn excellent condition except teh plastic jackets that Obiwan, white Leia and Dart Vader wear (they have small rips near the arm holes as expected)

AT-AT walker - complete and excellent condition except for the front see-thru guns which will ne longer attatch without some glue

Millenium Falcon - missing the radar tower, otherwise complete although i need to fix the training ball (it is included)

X-Wing - missing one wing gun otherwise complete and includes the original damage stickers which are not on the toy (I, luckily, was a prissy child and wouldn't ruin my x wing with damage)

Darth Vader Tie Fighter - parts only, the wings no longer attach

Scout Walker - complete and in excellent condition

Ewok wings and catapult - complete and in excellent condition

Endor speeder - missing one handlebar otherwise complete including rear flaps

Two Hoth base toys which I think are complete. The radar explosion mechanism works perfectly

A speeder thing which I can't remember where it is from. Maybe it came with the Hoth storm trooper. Complete and in excellent condition.

lejackal

Grand Master
Hi,

Please attach pictures to this thread, you'll get more responses than by asking people to download a file from an external site.

Thanks

ionian21

Youngling
Thanks lejackal - link to all pictures in a gallery below:

https://simongrimesphotography.pixieset.com/starwarsfigures/

If you want more detail, individual pictures can be downloaded from that site.

ionian21

Youngling
Can you help me identify these items?

mystery 3.jpg

mystery 2.jpg

mystery 1.jpg

I've had a valuation of £500 for everything (and an offer to purchase all at £325). I'm awaiting other valuations and I am doing my own research - painstakingly slow but im getting there - but does that sound about right do you think?

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Bib Fortuna is wearing 4-LOM's cloak and vice versa. Weequay is wearing Squid Head's skirt.

As for weapons the fourth item down on the left is a pilot blaster and goes with the Tie Fighter Pilot. The fifth item on the left is a Bespin blaster and goes with the At At Commander. The sixth item is a Princess blaster and goes with your Leia Bespin. The fourth item on the right goes with either Weequay or Klaatu.

Here are some sites of interest:
https://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/coo-guide-3-0/anh/

https://www.imperialgunnery.com/

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I would approximate the value of the figures on the first page at around £300 and the 2nd page £250. I will leave the valuation of the ships to someone else.

The above assumes that the items are in good condition and you sell the items individually. Expect to receive considerably less if sold as a job lot.

ionian21

Youngling
After a very non-scientific trawl through eBay this evening I've arrived at several figures that look believable. You can see my spreadsheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Uxv0Hx4IJaTgpfLyzpkDJrn9ecE4xFxqf45e490Lbvg/edit?usp=sharing

So I think the collection as a whole is worth around £800 once averages have been taken into account and rounded down somewhat, and before seller fees and postage costs/hassle. So if selling to a trader I should be looking at offers in the region of £450-£500 I guess.

What do you think?

I still need help with the pictures above if anyone has information - thanks.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice collection, good luck with the sale, you sure you want to sell? :wink: :lol:

ionian21

Youngling
Michael Sith - that's great, thanks.

I love Star Wars and i will always remember the pleasure the toys gave me as a kid. My daughter has inherited that love and she got to pick something out to keep before I went through it all. She picked Chewie, she adores him. But it's time for the rest to go to someone who can enjoy them now.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Hello

I think others are right in regards to value. I don't want to give mine as I am intrested in would be intrested in purchasing as a lot. Out of interest what part of the country do you live in.

Thanks

ionian21

Youngling
Thanks Stubbs - I'm in Kent.

I didn't come here to sell but I've had a couple of interested messages and maybe this is the best route for it. I'll have a think.

EDIT: Spreadsheet updated with the last items now they've been identified.

ionian21

Youngling
Apologies for the double post, but I'm nearly in a position to list the items - pictures should be ready tomorrow - and I want to check on format. To save starting a new thread, I thought I'd ask here:

Athough the rules advise against it, I've had some interest from forum members in the whole collection and I'd prefer to sell as a single lot. Would this be an issue?

Re: price - this is going to be tricky. I completely understand that all items should be listed with a price, but is it acceptable to list a price and note that you'd consider offers below it? I find this hard because I'm working with imperfect information, and the market - the buyers - will ultimately decide what the collection is worth. Again, not looking to break any rules, I'll work within the parameters you give me.

Tagging lejackal as they are the mod who responded previously.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Fine to list as a lot together, with a price you are prepared to move on. You MUST have a price, that's the main rule.

A lot of sellers will move a bit on the listed price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom