Vinyl Cape Jawa

Ask expert collectors for advice on pricing items.
Post Reply
CrispyDave
New User
New User
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:29 pm

Vinyl Cape Jawa

Post by CrispyDave »

Hello All,

Wondered if you could assist in giving me a ballpark valuation on my Vinyl Cape Jawa. Found in my childhood collection over weekend.

I have some other interesting figures that I’ll post pics of later (white Leia, Bespin Leia, black Jedi Skywalker)

Thanks in advance

David

PS
Can’t find the blaster unfortunately
Attachments
ACA0F60D-68A7-437F-B502-AC6CC1A7F0BA.jpeg
ACA0F60D-68A7-437F-B502-AC6CC1A7F0BA.jpeg (104.64 KiB) Viewed 655 times
E31DDFBC-D1E1-429E-8DC1-D3BB780BE28D.jpeg
E31DDFBC-D1E1-429E-8DC1-D3BB780BE28D.jpeg (77.42 KiB) Viewed 655 times
F70DA58D-F6BB-4A59-876B-199E68A81747.jpeg
F70DA58D-F6BB-4A59-876B-199E68A81747.jpeg (88.59 KiB) Viewed 655 times
616E0D3B-FDE8-4121-93D6-946D29A20EED.jpeg
616E0D3B-FDE8-4121-93D6-946D29A20EED.jpeg (69.75 KiB) Viewed 655 times
3C59EB8A-07D2-43BB-98E7-46ABFD7BE0CE.jpeg
3C59EB8A-07D2-43BB-98E7-46ABFD7BE0CE.jpeg (69.85 KiB) Viewed 655 times
C9632467-BBEA-400E-BEAF-0EF64675A389.jpeg
C9632467-BBEA-400E-BEAF-0EF64675A389.jpeg (65.37 KiB) Viewed 655 times
DCCC3221-613B-444E-82C3-7F3B4D7F8E50.jpeg
DCCC3221-613B-444E-82C3-7F3B4D7F8E50.jpeg (84.49 KiB) Viewed 655 times

User avatar
lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 6207
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am

Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa

Post by lejackal »

Probably around £5/600 with the tears to the cape. A bit more on a good day and a bit less on a bad day

CrispyDave
New User
New User
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:29 pm

Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa

Post by CrispyDave »

Thanks for the advice

I’ll post pics of other figures later on

Dave

User avatar
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 7528
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:43 am
Location: Brighton
Contact:

Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa

Post by edd_jedi »

Although I don't follow these closely, I've certainly seen a couple sell for around £500-600 with ripped capes too.

User avatar
Michael Sith
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 7837
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 pm
Location: Up North

Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa

Post by Michael Sith »

Daft really as there are a number of vinyl cape jawas out there a case of the market dictating prices and pushing them up

Good quick read here from Rich s Fantha Tracks on this

https://www.fanthatracks.com/news/vinta ... een-craze/
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

CrispyDave
New User
New User
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:29 pm

Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa

Post by CrispyDave »

Thanks for link to the article. Interesting read

User avatar
coomber75
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2576
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa

Post by coomber75 »

with the tears 5-600 seems about right maybe closer to 5

gammoguard
Regular
Regular
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:41 pm

Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa

Post by gammoguard »

Great item. Regarding the blaster, does anyone have a pic of the correct blaster hat goes with this figure or is it just the standard jawa blaster?

User avatar
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4359
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa

Post by Palifan »

gammoguard wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:36 am
Great item. Regarding the blaster, does anyone have a pic of the correct blaster hat goes with this figure or is it just the standard jawa blaster?
From what I've always known it's the dark blue/black or Green/blue/black blaster and can have a bump on the side or not. I would say the safest one to get is the one without the bump as I think this was only released early on (although I could be wrong about that), but I know that this figure will grade with either blaster.

this is the TIG page on it if that helps - https://www.imperialgunnery.com/jawablasters.htm

Ian

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 4124
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa

Post by Snaketibe »

Palifan wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:06 am
gammoguard wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:36 am
Great item. Regarding the blaster, does anyone have a pic of the correct blaster hat goes with this figure or is it just the standard jawa blaster?
From what I've always known it's the dark blue/black or Green/blue/black blaster and can have a bump on the side or not. I would say the safest one to get is the one without the bump as I think this was only released early on (although I could be wrong about that), but I know that this figure will grade with either blaster.

this is the TIG page on it if that helps - https://www.imperialgunnery.com/jawablasters.htm

Ian
Years ago, Jim Stevenson told me that the correct blaster for the VCJ was the 'no bump' one, which does make sense because, as you say, it seems to be the earlier release. However whether Jim was correct in that, or whether any VCJ's ever came with a 'bump' blaster, I really couldn't say...

User avatar
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4359
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa

Post by Palifan »

Snaketibe wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:35 pm
Palifan wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:06 am
gammoguard wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:36 am
Great item. Regarding the blaster, does anyone have a pic of the correct blaster hat goes with this figure or is it just the standard jawa blaster?
From what I've always known it's the dark blue/black or Green/blue/black blaster and can have a bump on the side or not. I would say the safest one to get is the one without the bump as I think this was only released early on (although I could be wrong about that), but I know that this figure will grade with either blaster.

this is the TIG page on it if that helps - https://www.imperialgunnery.com/jawablasters.htm

Ian
Years ago, Jim Stevenson told me that the correct blaster for the VCJ was the 'no bump' one, which does make sense because, as you say, it seems to be the earlier release. However whether Jim was correct in that, or whether any VCJ's ever came with a 'bump' blaster, I really couldn't say...
I've definitely read that there are VCJ seal mocs out there with both bump and non-bump blasters and it's why AFA (and probably UKG), will grade a loose VCJ with either blaster. I think there are some RS threads about this but my computer has decide it doesn't want to open any of the links ( I think my computer is getting old the poor thing :().

Saying that though mine is without a bump as it just felt right for this variant.

Ian

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 4124
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa

Post by Snaketibe »

Palifan wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:06 pm
Snaketibe wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:35 pm
Palifan wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:06 am


From what I've always known it's the dark blue/black or Green/blue/black blaster and can have a bump on the side or not. I would say the safest one to get is the one without the bump as I think this was only released early on (although I could be wrong about that), but I know that this figure will grade with either blaster.

this is the TIG page on it if that helps - https://www.imperialgunnery.com/jawablasters.htm

Ian
Years ago, Jim Stevenson told me that the correct blaster for the VCJ was the 'no bump' one, which does make sense because, as you say, it seems to be the earlier release. However whether Jim was correct in that, or whether any VCJ's ever came with a 'bump' blaster, I really couldn't say...
I've definitely read that there are VCJ seal mocs out there with both bump and non-bump blasters and it's why AFA (and probably UKG), will grade a loose VCJ with either blaster. I think there are some RS threads about this but my computer has decide it doesn't want to open any of the links ( I think my computer is getting old the poor thing :().

Saying that though mine is without a bump as it just felt right for this variant.

Ian
Mine is too :-)

As for Jim, whilst his knowledge was of course formidable, neither was it infallible (he swore blind to me that the VCJ never came on a Palitoy card, and we all know how that turned out! :lol: ), so I can't say I'm amazed to hear he was in error regarding this.

Jeremy

User avatar
theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 7174
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Vinyl Cape Jawa

Post by theforceuk »

Ebay have got max £1 selling fees for 10 days until the 21 June, so a good time to sell on their!
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Post Reply