Kenner Luke Bespin 31-Back Sliced Bubble

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi,

Please could I have your opinions on the value of this Kenner Luke Bespin 31-Back Sliced Bubble? I have my own idea of its value, but as with reseals, sliced bubble cards can be difficult to establish a price for as they don't come up for sale that often.

I would like to sell it and here's the blurb I will be using, once I can firm up a price:

This is a Kenner 31-back Luke Bespin sliced bubble card. All parts and pieces are all original, and it displays superbly. The bubble has been sliced down the left-hand side allowing the contents to be removed. The Luke figure is in good condition with only some minor rubs. An original blaster, lightsaber and footer are included, although please note that there is a slight bend / wave to the saber and the footer has an old sellotape stain which you barely notice when the figure is inside the bubble.

The card is in very good condition and is nice and flat. There is a mark at the top right of the card front where a sticker has been removed at some point. Please note, this did not photograph very well, so I have included a close-up shot below which I have brightened considerably in Photoshop to make the mark visible, hence the rather washed out look to that particular image.

Many sliced bubble cards can be difficult to reseal effectively due to the small contact area between the upper and lower parts of the sliced bubble. However, this one could be resealed quite successfully if desired, as the way the bubble was sliced left a large lip (see pics) which could be glued down. Alternatively, it could simply be carefully taped closed without the tape touching the card, and instead only touching the blister for ease of future removal, if required. I never bothered doing either as it actually displays very well by itself.

The card will be sent protected inside a Star Case, with additional gentle padding between the bubble and the Star Case to stop it opening during transit. It will then be sent well protected inside a strong, sturdy box to ensure it reaches you in the same condition it leaves me.

Thanks.

Jeremy

Luke Bespin - 01.jpg

Luke Bespin - 02.jpg

Luke Bespin - 03.jpg

Luke Bespin - 04.jpg

Luke Bespin - 05.jpg

Luke Bespin - 06.jpg

Luke Bespin - 07.jpg

Luke Bespin - 08.jpg

Luke Bespin - 09.jpg

Luke Bespin - 10.jpg

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Such a hard one to value, its at least a £500 figure MOC. I would say around £150 - £200? Really not sure though. lol

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
This won't help... but a really nice one sold last week for $1626!

Attachments

• 07E6A607-885F-4623-A875-520649E1B441.png
    07E6A607-885F-4623-A875-520649E1B441.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 396

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
This won't help... but a really nice one sold last week for $1626!

Thanks. Actually it might. Good reseals of rarer cards tend to fetch roughly 10% of the MOC price in my experience, so nice sliced bubble cards probably fall into a roughly similar sort of price range.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
It's perfect for display mate , sliced bubbles for me are superb as they allow you to pick up items on a much lower budget.
Yours is a lovely piece and a rarer card. As you say they are not up for sale often so difficult to price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom