Brand new star wars vintage figures but confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

teen

Padawan
I have a few vintage 1980, 1983 , 1984 figures all brand new still in the bag and complete with white oblong boxes for each . they have the dates on the figures and the initials LFL .
These are the models dengar , The emperor , nein numb and rancor keeper ,
I can find all the information inc this ( Notes: The Emperor was initially offered as a promotional mail-away figure on 65C-back Return of the Jedi card backs and came shipped in a generic white box ) but I cannot find any for sale to make a valuation on with the white box , they are either on a card or just the bag ! . All the figures have the same bag and box ?? can someone help re the pricing please ?

Attachments

• 2021-01-06 002.JPG
    2021-01-06 002.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,024

lejackal

Grand Master
Hi,

The figures should all have slightly different boxes. Pictures will help as there are numerous factors that can impact a valuation.

Thanks

teen

Padawan
Hi , yes they do have slightly different boxes of various sizes but all are plain white with faded yellow Sellotape ..

teen

Padawan
I Can send the pics of other models with their white boxes !!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Will hold fire on pricing, as I would be interested if these come up for sale. Looking forward to seeing more pics 8)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Definitely add some photos of the others, The Emperor is relatively common so only worth about £30-40, but the others may be considerably more.

lejackal

Grand Master
If they have address labels then that will have a significant impact on the popularity and value

teen

Padawan
Hi , none of the boxes have addresses on ,, here are the other figures i have ..

Attachments

• 2021-01-07 005.JPG
    2021-01-07 005.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 971
  • 2021-01-07 008.JPG
    2021-01-07 008.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 969
  • 2021-01-07 009.JPG
    2021-01-07 009.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 973

lejackal

Grand Master
Emperor £30-40
Nien Nunb £60-70
Rancor and Dengar not really sure, subject to price I'd be interested in Dengar.

Frunkstar might be able to help on the other 2

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Hi Teen

Right as has been stated above ideally all the boxes should be different sizes, if you could line them up side by side with the figures above so you don't get them mixed up that will really help assertain if the boxes are all correctly matched with the baggies in question.

The dengar is not know to have come with that baggie in the ESB era promotion, but may well have done in the ROTJ era one which little is known about, the ESB era box would hae been marked clearly on he box wit the code D1108 (printed on the box)

Are there any address labels on the boxes or all just plain white with no sign of previously atatched tape? if no signs of address labels then these are known as "oversotock versions" essentially stock that never got sent out & sold at a later date as dead stock.

There are a number of factors that will play a role in terms of pricing them accurately, the box dimensions for each box will also help pinpoint if they are correct for the figures.

The correct boxes for the figures & the bag types are shown on my main baggie guide (pages 6 & 7) which I am linking for you below (bootom of page 6 & top of page 7 BTW) -

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937&start=75

teen

Padawan
Hi , Thanks for the info and it seems i have baggie style rotj a ... with the original plain box after looking on a site called theswca.com ...
I have more than one of the figures i have shown so they correspond with the boxes ..All the baggies are sealed and taped bags and all have the plain white boxes ..
I have 2 x the emperor , 3 x dengar , 2 x nien numb and 5 x Rancor keeper !!! They have been in my possesion and ignored for at least 20 years and i found them while looking for something else , it seems its my lucky day eh !! Thats why i need all the info i can get , you have been most helpful and if you can offer anymore advice then i would be grateful . i am planning to sell possibly on ebay sometime this weekend or the begining of next week , i can see the same ones selling on ebay and shipped from America and i wonder if the UK collectors are as enthusiastic as the Americans re leaving the offer on ebay open to selling overseas ...???

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Just as much a following in the UK than anywhere else to be honest, id consider selling them here too.I'm sure forum members would be interested in buying them, keep in mind ebay listing fees, selling fees then paypals cut after and the rest of the crap that goes with it. Go with the approximate value and try here first.

teen

Padawan
Thanks for that how do i sell on this site please in a safe manner re money transfer etc , i cannot even figure out how to put a picture on now ??? Also i have multiples of the 4 x figures ..

lejackal

Grand Master
teen said:
Hi , Thanks for the info and it seems i have baggie style rotj a ... with the original plain box after looking on a site called theswca.com ...
I have more than one of the figures i have shown so they correspond with the boxes ..All the baggies are sealed and taped bags and all have the plain white boxes ..
I have 2 x the emperor , 3 x dengar , 2 x nien numb and 5 x Rancor keeper !!! They have been in my possesion and ignored for at least 20 years and i found them while looking for something else , it seems its my lucky day eh !! Thats why i need all the info i can get , you have been most helpful and if you can offer anymore advice then i would be grateful . i am planning to sell possibly on ebay sometime this weekend or the begining of next week , i can see the same ones selling on ebay and shipped from America and i wonder if the UK collectors are as enthusiastic as the Americans re leaving the offer on ebay open to selling overseas ...???
They are not ROTJ A baggies, it's the wrong country of origin. They look like Palitoy to me, Frank above has provided a link to his guide which is far superior to the SWCA one.

To sell here you should post in the sales section, photos can be added using the attachments tab at the bottom of the text box. You'll need decent photos, prices, postage costs and PayPal.

Good luck with the sales.

Attachments

• 9A37C377-8565-4276-BED7-5568761225F4.jpeg
    9A37C377-8565-4276-BED7-5568761225F4.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 889

teen

Padawan
yes i can see it is palitoy ,, i know absolutely nothing about the figures so all you help is welcome thank you

teen

Padawan
Frunkstar said:
Hi Teen

Right as has been stated above ideally all the boxes should be different sizes, if you could line them up side by side with the figures above so you don't get them mixed up that will really help assertain if the boxes are all correctly matched with the baggies in question.

The dengar is not know to have come with that baggie in the ESB era promotion, but may well have done in the ROTJ era one which little is known about, the ESB era box would hae been marked clearly on he box wit the code D1108 (printed on the box)

Are there any address labels on the boxes or all just plain white with no sign of previously atatched tape? if no signs of address labels then these are known as "oversotock versions" essentially stock that never got sent out & sold at a later date as dead stock.

There are a number of factors that will play a role in terms of pricing them accurately, the box dimensions for each box will also help pinpoint if they are correct for the figures.

The correct boxes for the figures & the bag types are shown on my main baggie guide (pages 6 & 7) which I am linking for you below (bootom of page 6 & top of page 7 BTW) -

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937&start=75

Attachments

• 2021-01-08 001.JPG
    2021-01-08 001.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 607
  • 2021-01-08 002.JPG
    2021-01-08 002.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 611
  • 2021-01-08 003.JPG
    2021-01-08 003.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 608
  • 2021-01-08 004.JPG
    2021-01-08 004.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 612

jayums

Jedi Master
Same here - I have pm'd you OP. Great find! Good luck with your sales for these and hope to see them on the sales thread! 8)

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Hi, I'd love to buy one of the Dengars if available, please. I'd be grateful if you could let me know when you're selling. Cheers, Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom