Chief Chirpa Factory Error Valuation

eliot14

Hi guys, I've recently acquired this figure, he has two left arms and is UKG graded 85% and I wanted to get a valuation off some people with some experience and knowledge. I understand to some, factory errors are worthless, and to others they are worth more...

I'd appreciate any input!

Thanks,

Eliot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210125-201932.png
    Screenshot_20210125-201932.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 385
  • Screenshot_20210125-201928.png
    Screenshot_20210125-201928.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 386

jayums

Jedi Master
I guess it's worth whatever you just paid for it :lol:

Edit: How would they know for sure that's a factory error ?!

I would imagine paint errors are more interesting to collectors , but horses for courses I guess!

eliot14

jayums said:
I guess it's worth whatever you just paid for it :lol:

Edit: How would they know for sure that's a factory error ?!

I would imagine paint errors are more interesting to collectors , but horses for courses I guess!

I mean it was listed as "star wars figure" so obviously didn't reach the right market... That's the key with these things isn't it, I'm wondering what would the right market value it at.

And Im pretty sure they know it's a factory error by its two left arms mate... Thanks for your very useful insight though.

jayums

Jedi Master
I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm pretty sure it's easy to pop out limbs on some figures (having done it myself a few times!), so just wondered how the grading company or anybody would know for certain? I gather it's trickier to do with ROTJ figures, but it's a genuine question. And I would agree - It does seems an odd thing for the previous seller to acquire, and then to list badly on eBay!

I post this because the same grading company couldn't spot the black thread someone had wrapped around the limbs of my 85 graded C3PO to make them seem tighter, even though I could see it encased through acrylic. Never inspired me with a great deal of confidence :lol:

For me, I would imagine factory errors like this would be interesting if sealed on a moc, so loose would be surprised if it's worth a great deal more than a nice chirpa + grading costs. It's quirky though so who knows, not seen another one.I guess the only way you will know what it's worth is a properly listed no reserve auction ... Please let me know what he goes for , would be interested to know !

eliot14

jayums said:
I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm pretty sure it's easy to pop out limbs on some figures (having done it myself a few times!), so just wondered how the grading company or anybody would know for certain? I gather it's trickier to do with ROTJ figures, but it's a genuine question. And I would agree - It does seems an odd thing for the previous seller to acquire, and then to list badly on eBay!

I post this because the same grading company couldn't spot the black thread someone had wrapped around the limbs of my 85 graded C3PO to make them seem tighter, even though I could see it encased through acrylic. Never inspired me with a great deal of confidence :lol:

For me, I would imagine factory errors like this would be interesting if sealed on a moc, so loose would be surprised if it's worth a great deal more than a nice chirpa + grading costs. It's quirky though so who knows, not seen another one.I guess the only way you will know what it's worth is a properly listed no reserve auction ... Please let me know what he goes for , would be interested to know !

Haha no worries thanks for the input mate! I'm not interested in selling it to be honest, only if times get tough lol. I just like to know the potential value of my assets! Got him for cheaper than a standard 85% Chirpa so can't complain!

That's dreadful about the C3PO haha, to be honest I don't really care much for the grading, if I like something I buy it... Just spotted this and went for it!

Thanks again 😊

jayums

Jedi Master
Yep i have to say I sometimes feel a bit smug on the rare occasion I have managed to bag a poorly listed figure on eBay that has gone under the radar :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom