Vintage valuation request - Jawa & Darth Vader, 12-back originals in packaging

Camper

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and looking for some guidance. We came across 2 vintage SW figures in original packaging when cleaning out a family member's house (never opened or played with). We are not collectors and so now need help with determining their value.

- Jawa with vinyl cape, 1977 Kenner, 12-back original (from my online research, I think it is on a Canadian 12A cardback - CSW12A), in original packaging and in good condition

- Darth Vader with telescoping lightsaber, 1977 Kenner, 12-back original (I think it is on a Canadian 12D cardback - CSW12D), in original packaging but this package has a little damage (crease in the cardboard and some creasing along the upper side of the plastic bubble)

My searches online show a very large range in values. Any thoughts on value of each?

If the family decides to sell them, any recommendations on how to do this? And I guess related to that, is it worth having these graded? If so, is there a recommended grader? (i.e. UKG vs AFA vs other?) I've read mixed views on grading so am not sure how to proceed. I've also read that they can be damaged during transit back in the clear, hard cases...

Any guidance/tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Attachments

• 9 - Darth Vader - side B.jpg
    9 - Darth Vader - side B.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 372
  • 8 - Darth Vader - side A.jpg
    8 - Darth Vader - side A.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 373
  • 7 - Darth Vader - back.jpg
    7 - Darth Vader - back.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 375
  • 6 - Darth Vader - front.JPG
    6 - Darth Vader - front.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 370
  • 5 - Jawa - side B.JPG
    5 - Jawa - side B.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 370
  • 4 - Jawa - side A.JPG
    4 - Jawa - side A.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 369
  • 3 - Jawa - close up.JPG
    3 - Jawa - close up.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 368
  • 2 - Jawa - back.jpg
    2 - Jawa - back.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 372
  • 1 - Jawa - front.JPG
    1 - Jawa - front.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 377

lejackal

Grand Master
Assuming they're genuine then £20-£25k for the pair would not surprise me and whilst grading is not my thing you will get more cash if they are sold graded than not. Given the value, and as you say, the risk of damage in the mail, I'd hand deliver and collect them where possible

Camper

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm assuming they're genuine since they were found tucked away in my mother-in-law's house after she passed away. She likely purchased them for my husband (he had some SW toys 40+ years ago) but unfortunately (or fortunately?!!) she must have forgot about them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom