Baggie remove?

bunniboiler01

Youngling
Hi, I have a Vintage Star Wars Princess Leia Organa (white) in a baggie. It's graded as 90 by UKG but I'd really like to remove her from the bag so she can be recased and better visually. I assume this will decrease the value much? I'm happy to drop it a bit as I want it as I want it! but is this a stupid move?
Thank you.

lejackal

Grand Master
Yeah, I wouldn't advocate opening a baggie or a carded figure. If you want a mint graded loose figure just sell the baggie and buy the figure you want

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
bunniboiler01 said:
Hi, I have a Vintage Star Wars Princess Leia Organa (white) in a baggie. It's graded as 90 by UKG but I'd really like to remove her from the bag so she can be recased and better visually. I assume this will decrease the value much? I'm happy to drop it a bit as I want it as I want it! but is this a stupid move?
Thank you.

As Lejackel has said please don't open a sealed baggie, just sell the bagged one and buy a graded one if that's your preference.

jayums

Jedi Master
I'm sure a baggie would be much more valuable than mint loose or even mint graded , so surely makes sense to sell the baggie and buy another rather than devalue it ?

Once it's outta the bag it's no longer a baggie surely :?: :!:

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353366022479

Saw this on ebay!!!

It might help with your valuation 👍😁

lejackal

Grand Master
bunniboiler01 said:
Sorry I thought this was a place to ask about valuations but it seems nobody can actually answer the question.

It will massively devalue the item and a sealed vintage item will be destroyed forever.

jayums

Jedi Master
bunniboiler01 said:
Sorry I thought this was a place to ask about valuations but it seems nobody can actually answer the question.

"I assume this will decrease the value much?" is this a stupid move?
^ you asked these questions.

bunniboiler01

Youngling
I am not totally driven by value and profit.
The whole point of having a collection as I do is for my own personal pleasure.
I think you have answered the question that it will make a MASSIVE difference to the value which was my actual question.
I expect to leave these all to my children to do as they wish when I die so I will leave it in the bag.
And for a 90 graded figure of this kind it's not exactly cheap!! I don't swim in that much money.. just buy another..

As for being requoted with added "lols".. hardly a welcome to the site that I thought was full of like minded adults.

bunniboiler01

Youngling
Ruby2511 said:

Saw this on ebay!!!

Yes I've seen this one. I was interested in the difference it would make to value by having it removed from the bag and recased.
Thank you anyway :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
bunniboiler01 said:
I think you have answered the question that it will make a MASSIVE difference to the value which was my actual question.
I expect to leave these all to my children to do as they wish when I die so I will leave it in the bag.
And for a 90 graded figure of this kind it's not exactly cheap!! I don't swim in that much money.. just buy another..

As for being requoted with added "lols".. hardly a welcome to the site that I thought was full of like minded adults.

To remove a vintage item from its original packaging be that a baggie, Moc, or anything else immediately removes a piece of vintage history.
To vintage collectors this is not looked upon well at all, however, you asked advice on what should be done and that was given by members for you on here.
We are a welcoming bunch on here and we are light hearted ( hence the lols) and if you stick around and input on the forum, ask questions, put up Pictures of your collection in the limelight thread, you'll have access to wealth of collecting information from members on here, then you would get a feel for the type of place this is and the comradery, support and assistance on here.
If you put a picture of your baggie up we can advise you on what type of baggie it is and some more information around it which in turn will give you the information you need to see what it is actually valued at, where it sits in the collection arena, it's rarity, etc etc
We can also direct you to threads on here that a member has spend a lot of his own time and effort over the years doing research and putting up a an in depth reference guide to baggies, which many of us use on a regular basis to identify items, when we are looking at purchasing or selling, and importantly what to look out for in regard to fakes ( which eBay is awash wit for example)

All in all this forum is a very friendly and welcoming place, as in life, there are times when there are tongue in cheek comments, but these are all meant in good fun and should be taken as such.

Frame your mind to mirth and merriment
which bars a thousand harms
and lengthens life

:D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
bunniboiler01 said:

To remove a vintage item from its original packaging be that a baggie, Moc, or anything else immediately removes a piece of vintage history.
To vintage collectors this is not looked upon well at all, however, you asked advice on what should be done and that was given by members for you on here.
We are a welcoming bunch on here and we are light hearted ( hence the lols) and if you stick around and input on the forum, ask questions, put up Pictures of your collection in the limelight thread, you'll have access to wealth of collecting information from members on here, then you would get a feel for the type of place this is and the comradery, support and assistance on here.
If you put a picture of your baggie up we can advise you on what type of baggie it is and some more information around it which in turn will give you the information you need to see what it is actually valued at, where it sits in the collection arena, it's rarity, etc etc
We can also direct you to threads on here that a member has spend a lot of his own time and effort over the years doing research and putting up a an in depth reference guide to baggies, which many of us use on a regular basis to identify items, when we are looking at purchasing or selling, and importantly what to look out for in regard to fakes ( which eBay is awash wit for example)

All in all this forum is a very friendly and welcoming place, as in life, there are times when there are tongue in cheek comments, but these are all meant in good fun and should be taken as such.

Frame your mind to mirth and merriment
which bars a thousand harms
and lengthens life

:D

Mike talking total sense once again and you'd be surprised at how little you can put in here to receive so much in return, we really do try to help where we can. As Mike advised, put some pictures of your baggie up on this thread and people will have a much better idea as to value as there are many different baggies that Leia comes in and what type of baggie you have may make quite a difference to value.

Hope you stick around and look forward to seeing which variant you have.

Ian

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
bunniboiler01 said:
Ruby2511 said:

Saw this on ebay!!!

Yes I've seen this one. I was interested in the difference it would make to value by having it removed from the bag and recased.
Thank you anyway :)

No problem always happy to help 😉👍

bunniboiler01

Youngling
Hey thanks for that, much apprechiated. It is easy to get the tone wrong sometimes when it comes to written text.
One thing I will say is the Leia baggie I picked up about 8 years ago for £100. Seeing the other one listed on Ebay which is a lower grade for around £850 is promising although I have no interest in selling. Of course someones value and the real value don't alway align. Once again, thanks for the response :)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Firstly I will say it's such a pleasure to see some of the comments about keeing the figure firmly sealed within the baggie (the right move IMO), years back it was a fight to make folks see any value in keeping baggies sealed as there was next to zero interest in them, thankfully these days they seem to have finally found their rightful place in the hobby & have been my main collecting focus since eveyryone bought them to rip open for mint loose figures :eek: :lol: it's true honest.

You have a few options IMO -

1. sell it & try to obtain a similar graded loose
2. offer it up for a trade with someone for a loose one thats already graded
3. Learn to love baggie & keep her just the way nature intended :lol:

First thing to think about & consider is what baggie type is she in, is it a fairly well known baggie type or something obscure & rare, the bag type will dictate the items real vale as some are a lot harder to come by than others.

I'm linking my baggie guide below so you can take a look to figure out which baggie type you have, then you can start to gauge it's true value which I am happy to help with.

It's in alphabetical order BTW -

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
momike said:
I've got a mint white leia I would gladly swap for your baggie

Perfect idea swapping to meet each other's needs,if this happens it's why we all join forums and collect in the first place.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom