Vinyl cape Jawa

Palpatine

Padawan
Supporter
Hi All
Not so much of a valuation but a question about buying on FB for those who do?
I've very recently joined FB groups:
Echo
Graded figures and variants
(I've tried to join this groups FB page also but not sure if I've clicked on the right bit as not heard back).

Ive asked to buy a vinyl cape Jawa grade straight 90s by UKG. I'm now in private messages chat with the seller. I've ask when it was graded as the number doesn't check out on UKG website. The seller doesn't know (or not saying) as he bought it already graded.... he did say who he bought it off but I don't know the person from Adam.
I've requested that I get it regraded on 7 day turnaround at my expense (not worried about score just to check everything is legit). If legit I'm happy to buy.
The buyer is questioning me (don't blame him), as I have a minimal FB profile and no buying/selling history on the site.

I'm struggling to provide him with 'references' as my online presence is pretty low key, as you can tell by my sporadic posts here.

I'm happy to buy but feel I need reassurance that things are legit. At the moment not sure the seller will take my money anyway.

Any advice on FB dealings and ways to proceed to protect myself (and not annoy the seller too much.... although if I was selling a vcj I'd go out of my way to prove authenticity).

Thanks and please move this to the correct section as I wasn't sure where to post it!

Neil

Palpatine

Padawan
Supporter
Think I answered my own question from this post. I pulled out of the sale and realised I probably need to build a FB history and confidence in the group before buying big!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Palpatine said:
Think I answered my own question from this post. I pulled out of the sale and realised I probably need to build a FB history and confidence in the group before buying big!

I think that makes the most sense but it does sound like a red flag if you can't find the UKG grading numbers anywhere. I have a couple of graded VCJ's and I checked both of those before buying them so it seems odd not to do this before moving forward with such a big investment.

Hope you have some luck soon and mine are 85's so wouldn't work for you I'm sure.

Ian

Palpatine

Padawan
Supporter
Thanks for comments guys, much appreciated! The number did check out in the end however the buyer suggested I send cash at one point so I decided to pull out.

Just to check, is that an offer on a sale for an 85 graded?? Could be very interested! I'll send PM!
Thanks
Neil

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom