Luke Skywalker DT lightsaber fair value?

rocket_jedi

Hey there collecting gurus...

I have an original Luke Skywalker with double-telescoping lightsaber that I'm putting up for auction on eBay later today, but I have no idea what it might be worth. I've seen items like this sell for anywhere between $100 and $1,200 or more.

The one I'm selling is in near-mint condition, with a nearly perfect lightsaber (no kinks or bends in it of any kind). So I'm assuming that means I should expect to receive a price towards the higher end of that price range? Perhaps even more?

I just want to be sure I don't get ripped off because I know I will never be able to replace it with another one in such fine condition. Can anyone give me an idea of what I should expect to get for it?

Thanks for your input!

lejackal

Grand Master
rocket_jedi said:
Hey there collecting gurus...

I have an original Luke Skywalker with double-telescoping lightsaber that I'm putting up for auction on eBay later today, but I have no idea what it might be worth. I've seen items like this sell for anywhere between $100 and $1,200 or more.

The one I'm selling is in near-mint condition, with a nearly perfect lightsaber (no kinks or bends in it of any kind). So I'm assuming that means I should expect to receive a price towards the higher end of that price range? Perhaps even more?

I just want to be sure I don't get ripped off because I know I will never be able to replace it with another one in such fine condition. Can anyone give me an idea of what I should expect to get for it?

Thanks for your input!

If you're putting it up for auction and intend to let it run to the end then you can't get ripped off, it will have found it's value on the day

UKS

Jedi Knight
If you want bigger money, post it on the Echo auction FB group - Or even better the Make Me An Offer MMAO options which is encouraging people to hugely over pay for such items.

Good luck!

UKS

stu70

Padawan
DarthHamblin said:
Is this on ebay? I couldn't find it 🤔

Pretty sure it's this one, posted this question on Rebelscum as well, and mentions that he has included a video in the listing on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324617905606?hash=item4b94bc25c6:g:25EAAOSw33tgl~52

rocket_jedi

Hey all, hoping to get your opinion on the lightsaber for this item. I had one bidder ask me for more photos, and then he questioned it's authenticity, saying he thinks it's a Revalveit repro. I cancelled his bid at his request, because I don't want anyone thinking I'm trying to rip them off.

Now, I'd never even heard of such a thing as a "repro" lightsaber, or the name "Revalveit" for that matter. I'm just a guy who happened upon a collection of old Star Wars stuff that was in a relative's basement since the late 1970s / early 1980s. These people are not collectors, and they know nothing about anything they had. I can be 99.9% certain that there's no possibility they would have replaced the lightsaber, or even have known how to do so or where to obtain a repro.

I found the Luke figure tucked into a Kenner Mini-Action Figure Collector's Case along with 20 other action figures. In fact, I was all set to put the whole case up for auction when I happened to learn that DT lightsabers are rare and highly collectible. That's why I put Luke up for auction separately.

Unless Kenner was packaging repro lightsabers in their carded action figures for retail sale in 1977/78, then I don't see how this could possibly be a repro lightsaber.

With that said, here are two photos I took. They're about the best I can get with my cell phone, so if better detail is needed let me know and I'll dig out my DSLR and take some even more detailed close-up photos:

ugK6TdbtFJ9WBEQNA

WatLuFjaEt38MZLt7

In case the images don't display properly, here are the URLs:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ugK6TdbtFJ9WBEQNA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WatLuFjaEt38MZLt7

Your thoughts? If the consensus is 100% that this is a repro, then I will be very, very perplexed and confused, because there will be no logical explanation for how that could possibly be.

Thanks for your feedback...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom