Vintage Ree Yee's Prototype

Cobe_24

Padawan
Hi guys, I have a Ree Yee's Prototype and wondered how much it might be worth? He seems to be in great condition no scratches or chips to the plastic and obviously no paint wear cos theres no paint on the little fellow lol Check out the photo, I have him standing next to a normal Ree Yee's for the photo.

Along the leg reads (c) LFL 83 and inside the back of the body are the numbers 175162

Cheers
Cobe

PICT0044.jpg

PICT0040.jpg

PICT0041.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
sorry mate, chances are its just a paint stripped non-sonic welded figure - might be worth a bit more than normal as a curiosity

burnsy

Sith Lord
Unfortunately there are a lot of stripped down figures flying around being
sold as prototypes.

Cobe_24

Padawan
I got him off of Ebay the seller had 100% possitive feedback so i assumed he would be cool.

Dunno what else I can tell you..just checked him up against my other ree yees and the LFL 89 markings are the same but the other way around on the prototype yees to explain.. the original painted yees reads lfl 83 from the bottom (Footend) up and the other reads from the top down so from his arse down towards his foot

Also I wanted to find a site that would show you how to spot repro figures from originals but could only find some on weapons anyone know of any on the actual figures? Cheers

spoons

Grand Master
Cobe_24 said:
Oh really?

What makes you say that?

Cheers

Cobe

I don't think that prototypes should have any COO markings - and the figure looks like a regular one

spoons

Grand Master
Cobe_24 said:
Lol cheers mate.. Well if i send him off to AFA surely they can give me a definate answer.. The seller was anoraktoycollector

I thnk you're throwing good money after bad there - a definitive answer is its not a prototype

Not heard of the seller before, I'd try for a refund if I were you

spoons

Grand Master
burnsy said:
Looking at his items and previous sales, how the hell has he got hold of that many prototypes??

the modern ones are meant to be quite common - but he could just have a big bucket of paint stripper :wink:

Check out Brians Toys, there's always loads on there

He isn't selling loads of vintage prototypes, so he may have sold the ree yees in good faith..

I think Cobe should just ask for a refund, see where it gets him

snagbar

Jedi Knight
ive got a painted one with the markings as described for your prototype .
so think youv'e been sold a pup there.
unlucky

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Cobe_24 said:
Oh really?

What makes you say that?

Cheers

Cobe

I don't think that prototypes should have any COO markings - and the figure looks like a regular one

Indeed there shouldn't be any COO markings on a prototype. I think you are scammed...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom