Kenner collection including some rarities - pls help value

ROTF7784

Padawan
Another request for you guys, I have a Star Wars collection that I bought between 1977 and 84 (I think), then I moved on to other things like buying music but I kept all my old figures and toys. I've just dug them out of a box and photographed them all and would like to know which are the most collectible/valuable. I don't want to sell the collection and certain figures have sentimental value but some of them I could part with if it's worth it. I also have every single weapon that came with them but they are all in a separate box so I haven't got that out yet. Also, the band from Jabba's place, I have the round keyboard and the mic stand etc.

Thanks in advance!

http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l577/bennyboy1974/?albumview=slideshow

(First time I've used photobucket so let me know if it doesn't work)

ROTF7784

Padawan
BTW, the Ben figure has a sliding lightsaber. Annoyingly so did Luke and Darth Vader but I think I lost them both (unless they're in the weapons box).

itfciain

Grand Master
Hi mate

I have clicked on the link and it comes up with a message asking for a password

ROTF7784

Padawan
Hey, thanks for the quick replies, can't figure out how to post the pics here - I've made the album public, try following this link:

http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l577/bennyboy1974/

Joe

Grand Master
Got some decent figures there (makes a change!)

Use this list to identify what you have - http://www.rebelscum.com/ch-vint.asp

Then go on ebay and check the completed listings, you have some Power of the force figures (Ev9d9, luke stormy, yak face etc) who will
bring in some decent £

Also your Fett looks like it's got an unpainted knee pad and a painted wrist dart, which if you get lucky could make you some decent cash as well, apparently it's quite rare check this out - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-star-wars-BOBA-FETT-/170680428593?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item27bd58a831#ht_500wt_1156

Usually those light coloured Fetts sell for 25-35 so make sure it's the variation above before you sell it :)

PGowdy

Grand Master
Most of the figures you have there appear to have no accesories and therefore are unfortunately not worth that much. Very hard sell a vintage figure with no weapon. However, you have quite a few figures there that are both highly sort after and in seemingly good condition.

IN the first pic-

-Luke Stormtrooper (no gun?) - £25-35 (i think it has a chance of fetching this high a price because it appears to be very white and someone could want it for an upgrade)-
-Imperial Dignitary (nose damage??) - £15
-EV-9D9 (legs very bent but could possibly be straightened) - £35-40
-Yak Face (no weapon tho not too much difference in value, maybe 5 quid off on with) - £48-55

The 3 band members can sell well if they are in good condition. Your Max Rebo looks quite blue so could fetch 7-8 quid. Your Droopy McCool has his flute which on it's own can fetch 10-12 quid and Sy Snootles proabably about the same as Max, possibly a little less.

In one of the other pics you have a light blue/grey Boba Fett. This is the slightly rarer "trilogo" Fett and is selling for around 30-45 (the market is pretty dry on these so i'd suggest the lower end but start high and see what you get). I believe your Greedo is holding a blue Imperial Blaster. Put that weapoin with this Fett. It will help the sale.

The Yoda without walking stick is proabably worth 7-8 quid.

The Death Star Droid, if the paint (especially on the eyes) is good can be worth 12-15+. Condition is everything with this figure and i have seen mint ones sell for as much as 50.

Any i've not mentioned are worth a fiver or less and in almost all cases, much less.

Hope this helps.

ROTF7784

Padawan
PGowdy said:
Most of the figures you have there appear to have no accesories and therefore are unfortunately not worth that much. Very hard sell a vintage figure with no weapon. However, you have quite a few figures there that are both highly sort after and in seemingly good condition.

Thanks for the advice - re. weapons, as I said in the initial post I have ALL the weapons (Yoda's walking stick, Yak Face's , etc. but so as not to lose them I've kept them in a separate box. When I get time I'll sit down and try to match them up (daunting task!)

So as I understand it Boba Fett and Yak Face and the power of the force figures are the most valuable?

Thanks again

PGowdy

Grand Master
Oh right, sorry. Scanned over that bit of your post. Some of the figures there, with there weapons will be a much easier sell. Still nothing worth much. But the likes of Yoda and Luke Stormtrooper's value is significantly increased with their accessories added.

And a couple of the Ewoks are now worth decent money with their weapons and head-gear. Romba £15-20, Warok similar.

ROTF7784

Padawan
I also have a load of vehicles and stuff too (sadly sold my Canteena and Hoth Ice planet when I was a teenager).

In terms of creatures I've got a patrol dewback, hoth wompa, rancor and two tauntauns (one with open belly, one without) - are any of these worth anything over £30?

PGowdy

Grand Master
Probably not but pictures will tell more. A very good condition Rancor can Fetch 20-25+ but a played with one will be closer to 10-15.

ROTF7784

Padawan
Just reviving this thread (9 years later!)

I've held onto my original collection of figures and a number of vehicles, creatures etc. since I was a child and collected them at the time of issue.

I want to sell of a few of the more valuable ones to raise some funds and values have jumped up since I last posted. I'm aware that Yak Face goes for around £200 but I'm not sure which of the others might be worth £50+. Can anyone point out which ones I should be looking to sell (the photo link works still : https://s1124.photobucket.com/user/bennyboy1974/library)

I should also mention I have every weapon, cape, walking stick etc. for each figure, in a separate box and will figure what goes with who when I come to sell them.

I also have the grey droid with about 10 white arms and a round head that goes up and down, all in near mint condition (not sure why it isn't in the photos).

Thanks in advance!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

Luke Stormtrooper
EV-9D9
Yak-Face
Leia (Combat Poncho)
Lumat & Romba (two Ewoks on the top right)
Paploo (ewok, bottom right)

If you have the correct weapons, these are the most valuable in the pics and would total £500+

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Check the Luke Stormtrooper weapon carefully as there are a few different colours which go with various figures. If you have the solid black one, this alone could be worth £100.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
The imperial gunnery is the best online tool for weapons and will also help you identify fakes if you are any doubt about their legitimacy.

https://www.imperialgunnery.com/identificationguide.htm

Don't use the figure card backs as even Kenner made some mistakes :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom