Two Miscard Card MOCs - Are they legit? Value?

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hi guys I have been offered these -

FrenchmiscardedHanSolo.jpg

A French Meccano Han Solo with Luke Skywalker.

This is the same as the one in the Recent auction in the States that Shawn_K. won. I have spoke to him via PM and he believes that it is legit and it is not the same as the one he brought. :? :? I am looking for the views of all you guys too! :)

Second up is this Trilogo Snowtrooper on a ATST Driver card -

Trilogomiscardedatstdriver.jpg

This is what the person said to me in his original email-

"I've decided to sell a couple of my favourite Star Wars vintage carded figures. I've been selling off my carded collection, but wanted to keep hold of these last two as they're miscarded and rare. But at pains I've decided to sell them off too. Details are below, and I'll attach their digital photos to one of the later e mails Im sending shortly.

MISCARDED rare 1983 French 'Yan' Solo' Return of the Jedi card with Luke Skywalker Jedi figure. I bought this from Brianstoys (world's largest Star Wars retailer) about 10 years ago now from their 'rare' vintage section. The card is in good condition, with only minor edgewear. The bubble is crushed though, and there are cracks in 2 corners (not much more than 1 centimetre), and the bubble is consequently yellowing. Nevertheless I love this piece for being miscarded and foreign. Please see pic!

MISCARDED rare 1983 Tri-Logo ATST Driver card with Stormtrooper Hoth figure. Again I bought this from Brianstoys around the same time. Card is in nice condition, glossy colours. Bubble is fine apart from 2 cracks, no more than 1 inch.

As you can he seems to know his stuff. I have asked for the pictures of the back and I am waiting to hear a response.

I would love to hear you guys responses Liam :p

itfciain

Grand Master
Interesting items there Liam - if they do turn out to be legit then you could have a couple of beauties there.

Not sure what your plans are with them but if you want to sell on the Tri Snowtrooper (obviously for a profit) then I would be very interested

itfciain

Grand Master
Dark Sith Lord said:
Hi Iain. Thanks for declaring your interest mate . First I am looking for a valuation on them mate and then I am gonna take it from there.

No worries mate - if you choose to keep them all good but I am working on my Tri collection at the mo and just picked up my first miss-card (thanks to Joe) so would definitely be interested for the right price :D

Oh and I hope they are not part of an auction that some big hot shot collector is going to spend millions of pounds at and you've gone and ruined it all :lol:

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Ive seen the Luke miscard before. There has been one on ebay recently from onetofivedayauctions I believe. I may be mistaken. It looks ok to me.

As for the Hoth trooper miscard Ive not seen this one before in the flesh. It is legit though as it can be seen on Joe site.

http://trilogo.info/features/miscards/

The cracks will play agains the price obviously. PM me mate if you want to chat more about prices etc. Hopefully Joe will also chime in when he can.

A cool looking pair.

Chris. 8)

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
itfciain said:
Dark Sith Lord said:
Hi Iain. Thanks for declaring your interest mate . First I am looking for a valuation on them mate and then I am gonna take it from there.

No worries mate - if you choose to keep them all good but I am working on my Tri collection at the mo and just picked up my first miss-card (thanks to Joe) so would definitely be interested for the right price :D

Oh and I hope they are not part of an auction that some big hot shot collector is going to spend millions of pounds at and you've gone and ruined it all :lol:

No its nothing like that! :roll: :roll: :lol:
Seriously if I do manage to acquire them your name is on that Tri Miscard! :wink:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I have seen the same tri logo figure card combo b4 Liam it may even be the exact same one as i remember thinking it odd that the cape was in front of the figure last time I saw it, so with luck they are both legit m8, be a nice score if you get them, a dam shame Iain has beaten me to the asking though :mrgreen: , may even be interested in the other one if you decide to part with them as I have decided to keep my 2 miss cards.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you buddy ;)

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Caswellbot said:
Ive seen the Luke miscard before. There has been one on ebay recently from onetofivedayauctions I believe. I may be mistaken. It looks ok to me.

As for the Hoth trooper miscard Ive not seen this one before in the flesh. It is legit though as it can be seen on Joe site.

The cracks will play agains the price obviously. PM me mate if you want to chat more about prices etc. Hopefully Joe will also chime in when he can.

A cool looking pair.

PM Sent Chris. :)
Chris. 8)

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
I have seen the same tri logo figure card combo b4 Liam it may even be the exact same one as i remember thinking it odd that the cape was in front of the figure last time I saw it, so with luck they are both legit m8, be a nice score if you get them, a dam shame Iain has beaten me to the asking though :mrgreen: , may even be interested in the other one if you decide to part with them as I have decided to keep my 2 miss cards.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you buddy ;)

Hi Frank. Thanks for showing a interest mate. Dont worry your next in line if I do manage to becomer the owner of them! :) Liam

PGowdy

Grand Master
The Luke miscard looks like the one from the much discussed recent state-side auction.

Anyhoo, at first glance they look ok to me. I would contact Joe about the Tri to be sure but it looks good to me. Varient bubble (often yellows) and Spanish? punch style.
With the Luke/Han, i'm no expert on these foreign Mocs but again, it looks good.

It may lead to untold shame and embarrassment if i turn out to be wrong but i'm gonna stick my neck out and say real on both. IMO! :wink:

sith-smith

Grand Master
Caswellbot said:

A cool looking pair.

Chris. 8)

The Hoth trooper is a known miscard. In fact one on Joe's site is mine! :D

itfciain

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
Caswellbot said:

A cool looking pair.

Chris. 8)

The Hoth trooper is a known miscard. In fact the one on Joe's site is mine! :D

I was having a look at those the other day Gary, are many of the other miss-cards yours ?

sith-smith

Grand Master
The first picture is my collectyion of miscards, though I have got several more since that was taken.

I'll have to dig them out and take a pic of them. Think I have 19.

itfciain

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
The first picture is my collection of miss cards, though I have got several more since that was taken.

I'll have to dig them out and take a pic of them. Think I have 19.

Wow - that is quality - I would love to see a picture and I am sure other would too

Are they all Tri Logo - I am lead to believe that these are the main miss-cards out there as they were put together in such a rush (and according to Joe's site, there is evidence that some where done deliberately)

sith-smith

Grand Master
Sadly I do have to dig stuff out. My entire collection is packed away.

I have a rough idea where they are. Got some nice ones, but plenty that are in bad shape. Some of those bubbles are just so thin!!

itfciain

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
Sadly I do have to dig stuff out. My entire collection is packed away.

I have a rough idea where they are. Got some nice ones, but plenty that are in bad shape. Some of those bubbles are just so thin!!

:D Picture Picture - we want a picture :D

PGowdy

Grand Master
I effing love miscards. Especially trilogo ones. There's a Yak Face/Ewok combo that is of course right up my street!! :lol:

So i second the demand for pictures Gary... :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom