Battlefront 2

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi guys,

Anyone play this?

I haven't bothered since it was released, but it looks like they have fixed a lot of the issues.

A first question to start off.

How do I get to play the other maps?

It seems like all I play is prequel maps or star killer base and mostly prequel characters.

Do I have to attain something?

TK-7785

Jedi Master
I play it quite a bit. I got it at release and, yeah, it was buggy, full of pay to win **** and poorly thought out, but I stuck with it and has now become actually a really solid multi-player experience. I really rate it now. They've expanded on it with loads more maps, characters and game modes to the point that it's far from the game it was released as.

But you have highlighted the only real issue I have with it now; it seems heavily biased towards the prequels. It seems like about 70% prequel, 20% sequel and 10% original trilogy in terms of map rotation. It doesn't help that the new Capital Supremacy mode is exclusively prequel based, albeit a really fun game mode when the teams are balanced nicely.

It seems there are some maps that hardly ever seem to pop up these days; like Hoth and Mos Eisley. And I really wish they'd just port over all the Battlefront 1 OT maps, oh and all the Rouge One content too.

In answer to your question though, no, there's nothing you have to achieve or attain to play those maps. It's just a bit **** that it's heavily biased to those maps. No idea why.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks for the repy mate.

Yeah- it really good fun. I'm totally shite at it. As soon as the heroes (especially Darth Maul) turn up, im a dead clone.

I have no idea why you cant choose your map. Its not exactly new concept as we could play anything on the old FPS's I plaid 20 years ago.

I still haven't played a hero yet. Wish they weren't so powerful or you coulds turn them off.

Don't get me started on star fighter. By the time I think "wow! that's pretty" im on fire.

I hope they expand more, but would like options to play the map/game id like to play.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Agreed on all fronts there, mate! Generally speaking I play as a 'heavy' 99% of the time so when I come up against a hero I use the sentry cannon heavy fire star card. If you're far enough away you can generally take a good chunk off of their health, but otherwise your best bet is to just run away! :lol:

I do miss the fact you can't pick a certain map, like in the good old days with Medal of Honour Allied Assault...loved that game!

When they introduced the co-op mode recently it was a great way to practice playing a hero without constantly dying as you were only playing against enemy AI. But they seem to have changed it in the last update and now the AI are a hell of a lot harder. The benefit of playing co-op was you game play still added towards levelling you up your stats.

Ha ha! Yeah, one in 20 star fighter assault games I play I don't just keep spawn/dying. I feel like I'm up against people who have a full cockpit and flight sim setup sometimes. :lol:

Dantooine

Padawan
I recently got back into BF2, haven't played it much since launch really. I was one of the few who actually liked the campaign. Not the story particularly, but the gameplay was solid.

The new co-op mode is what brought me back. It's a great way to level up your class and you can always get to play a hero. If you haven't played it check it out as it's one of the few things this game has over the originals. A team of 4 take on AI, it's not a PvP mode so you don't get wrecked every 10 seconds.

At the moment it is prequel heavy, but they have mentioned that they're done with the Clone Wars for now. I think it's only a matter of time before Capital Supremacy, instant action and the co-op mode come to the other eras - and hopefully we can select the era we want to play as I'll be in the OT all the time.

I would also hope they port over the existing maps from BF1. I did get to play a round of Blast on Bespin the other week. I had no idea they had added it.

With the Star Fighter mode I turned off manual rolling. I found it unplayable. At least you can play that mode offline in the OT.

TK-7785

Jedi Master
So I recently heard that a coming update (Nov or early Dec) with focus on giving us new gameplay style amps, like Capital Supremacy, with an OT setting. Also that a new function will be introduced to allow players to select which era that want to play, PT, OT or ST. Awesome! No more bloody Crait map! :lol: I still wish they'd just port over all the Battlefront 1 maps and Rogue one content.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom