XvT & XWA

Bob_Acid

Padawan
Was anyone here on MSM during the Star Wars flight sim multiplayer hayday? 97-02 we locked s-foils in attack position and whiled away many's a night playing 2v2 melee's or missions across the Atlantic bustin' it on a 56k modem. These were the days before cable and broadband, late in 98 the whole gaming community in the UK crashed because of contention, BT lost control for about 3 months, you had to stay up past 1am to get a good game.
I was getting £400 a quarter phone bills flying about all night in my Tie interceptor, kicking arse.

Week of War and Battlestats. It was hardcore Star Wars.

20 years later Disney are about to launch Star Wars Squadrons, cross play over all platforms. Might have to dust off my joystick and helmet, erm.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I never got X-Wing vs TIE Fighter, despite being a big fan of the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games. It was because I had a Compaq PC that was not DirectX compatible, which meant most of the 'new' 3D games coming out from 97 onwards didn't work on it :(

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Not massively into pc gaming but I do remember playing XVT back then, enjoyed it. I seem to remember playing Rogue Squadron and Dark Forces as well briefly, think I only had the demo' disks though. For me back then Quake, Duke, along with Total Annihilation, Fragile Allegiance and Dark Colony took most of my gaming interests. :lol:

Oh hell, how could I forget Red Alert......I must admit, I do miss having physical copies of a game and the era itself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom