Netflix High Score documentary.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Anyone else watching it? Great insight to the gaming world of the past. Really interesting how the industry has evolved.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes I've been watching it, just finished the fighting one. Really enjoying it so far. The first couple of episodes are a bit before my time, but the Mario/Sonic and fighting games are when I was really into gaming. Getting a SNES and Street Fighter 2 Turbo for Xmas 93 is probably the most excited I've ever been :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah the Street Fighter episode is interesting, although I never really got into Street Fighter 2 a lot of friends did and its such an iconic game. I never really thought about the back ground being so important in that game, but it really is!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Yes mate! Discovered it about a week ago and binge watched it all. Really interesting. So much in it that took me back and so much I didn't know. Fascinating to hear how some of the games and characters came about. I feel lucky to be old enough to have seen the start of video games. Our first console was an Atari 2600 and my first computer a BBC Acorn. They touched on it in the documentary but what a lot of people don't realise is how big PC gaming was in the 80's. Yes some people had consoles or both but until/before the Megadrive and SNES days early 90's, almost everyone played their games on computers. Spectrums, Commodores, Amstrads etc. Prob because the games were cheaper and there were more of them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom