• Boba Fett

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)

Votes: 39 57.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Group C - without doubt when I drew the groups this jumped out as the group of death - although there are a couple more real tough match ups.

We see not only the first former champion in this group but the second too as both 2014 champion Stormtrooper and 2015 champion Boba Fett get drawn out together alongside some tough competition. Strangely enough these two figures seem to often end up together. In 2014 Stormtrooper defeated Fett in the quarter finals on his way to the title, but in 2015 they were drawn into the same group as Fett saw off the white armoured soldier on the way to his title. 2017 saw them meet yet again, this time in the third round when Fett was the victor, so in three out of the five years one has eliminated the other, should be a good head to head again.

However, it's not a race to see who finishes first and who finishes second. For them both to progress they will have to get past two other first 12 figures. In fairness they're two first 12 figures who have disappointed over the years, but either way they will still both be a threat. Kenobi has been eliminated three times at the group stage and both times he has cleared the group stages he has been knocked out straight away in the second round, whilst Han Solo, however cool, has also been a shambles, his best is two 3rd round knockouts in 2015 and 2016, surely this smuggler should be doing better than that.

And to make it even tougher, another popular figure will need to be beaten, Luke Jedi, with cloth cape and two weapons it is truly a tremendous figure, he has never gone out in the group stage being eliminated in 2nd round twice and third round twice and his best was a quarter final in 2014.

As for the other two making up the group, well what can you say, neither have a real chance as neither have ever progressed and this statistic is very unlikely to change in 2019 for Klaatu and Lumat, although I do love them both dearly I just cant see it.

LET THE VOTING BEGIN

PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR THREE FAVOURITES

VOTING WILL CLOSE FRIDAY 4th JANUARY @ 1.25pm

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
D74DE714-AFEF-4BB7-9173-2CCFD68DAE61.jpeg

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Proper tough for me, have to go

Han Solo - such an important part of my childhood play
Stormtrooper - great figure and integral to childhood play
Boba Fett - tough call this one for me, nearly went for Klaatu but Fett was important in my growing up

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Fett, Stormtrooper and Han for me, and can I also say how nice it is to see pin head Han getting some love this year in the photo, rather than old balloon head Han who has been pictured for the last couple of years :-D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ok, Fett and stormy are a given, but what about Old Ben?
A cape and an extending Light Sabre, it doesn't get any better, surely?

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Fett and Stormy are in!

third place was a challenge, but a soft goods cape, blaster and a choice of blue or green saber. Well played Luke Jedi, well played :lol:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Wow.. a tough group of some of my least liked/cared for figures... so a couple of others get the nod by default almost.
Han has to get the number one vote; he's Han the Man after all.. the ultimate hero of the whole saga! :wink:
Second place I voted for Luke Jedi; the accessories and soft goods rock!
Final slot for me goes to Kenobi. A classic in plastic

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
Luke, stormy and Klaatu for me. Jedi Luke was a firm favourite of mine, as was the Stormtrooper, and I have a soft spot for Klaatu as he was my first carded figure I bough as a 'grown up' :lol:

TK-7785

Jedi Master
Mini99 said:

Nick, you clearly missed that Lumat was in the lineup! :lol:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Wow this is a group of death indeed. Fett is a cool figure but he's massively over-rated, as is the Stormtrooper (only looks good if he's minty white and can actually stand up straight). So I went with Han Solo (effortlessly cool in black and white), Luke Jedi (with his awesome accessories) and Klaatu (that Face sculpt is epic)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
Mini99 said:

Nick, you clearly missed that Lumat was in the lineup! :lol:
No, I afraid that you're wrong, I did see it! :wink:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Knew it was a tough group when it was being drawn but to see the 2015 champion, Boba Fett fall is without doubt a shock. 2014 champion, Stormtrooper, progresses as group victor but it is Luke Jedi that shocks the former champion by progressing as group runner up. Plenty of votes for Han and Ben but no where near enough to see them compete for qualification, and great to see Klaatu picking up a few votes too.

QUALIFIERS

Death Star Droid
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Power Droid
Chewbacca / Leia Bespin
Stormtrooper
Luke Jedi

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Han Solo and Obi-Wan out in the first round! I've never liked the sculpt of Luke Jedi for some reason, maybe it's too realistic

Latest posts

Top Bottom