Votes: 23 79.3%
  • No, there's already enough 'non vintage' forums

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
This was mentioned in off topic, but as not everyone uses that section I thought I'd ask in here.

Do you think we should have a forum to discuss video games? I know there are a few people on here who collect games, but I'm not sure if there are enough to justify it. Also I don't want to dilute SWFUK too much as we already have modern, prop, film etc sections, but I don't think they detract fron the main focus of vintage Star Wars too much.

So what do you think?

Dantooine

Padawan
I'd like a retro game section. I could be Star Wars themed as there's are quite a few of varying quality....
A general retro games thread would also be cool, but I'm not sure how many gamers we have on here.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I say go for it. I suppose there's two main areas of discussion, playing them and collecting them. I'm of the Atari 2800 generation and I've enjoyed systems and PC's since. Love a retro game, especially the Megadrive/SNES era. Such great memories :D

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I think its a good idea as I watch a lot of the retro gamer youtubers and restorers and it brings back a lot of memories, shout out to Octav1us youtuber who's retro gamer live streams are legendary :)

My era were vic 20, BBC Micro, Atari original games system with wood panelling had about 60 carts at one point, and later Atari ST, then Play Station ,ps2 all now sadly bootsaled apart from my playstation tomb raider games which I could not part with, had a lot of hand held in the 80's too, grandstand galaxican being my favourite.
The thread discussions could be endless as we all reminisce and show off what we have now as we see in off topic other collections sometimes, thumbs up from me. :)

lejackal

Grand Master
So when are we getting this show on the road?

Attachments

• 1993D53D-E60E-4657-A68E-53B7713D4F7A.jpeg
    1993D53D-E60E-4657-A68E-53B7713D4F7A.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 809

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks to all who voted, it's now live!

https://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=30

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Dr_Ball_MD said:
Excellent! Don't worry about who doesn't want a sub forum, they can scroll past it.

cough *wants a book/comic sub forum* cough

yes yes what a good idea, as you can tell from previous posts on here " sw related adverts from 70s and 80s 2000ad" I love these comics I grew up with and a smattering of Action, Battle, warlord and the rest , may be a light hearted forum nothing to serious, I think I know a few others on hear that would be up for that also. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom