• Squid Head

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • Luke Skywalker

Votes: 30 78.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Group J sees Luke Skywalker begin his campaign. A figure I always felt would win a title but after 6 previous tournaments he has so far failed to put his names amongst the champions. The closest he came was in 2016, which looked like his year, when he finished runner up to Emperor's Royal Guard. Luke has, however, always cleared the group stage, it's been the knockouts that have been his downfall, three second round exits in 2014, 2018 and 2019. His best outside of the year he finished runner up was a run to the Quarter Final in 2015.

Looking at this group you wonder where his challenge will come from. A host of last 17 figures who have flattered to deliver. Amanaman has gone out in the group stage every year except 2017 when he lost in the second round. Poor Lumat and EV-9D9 though have failed to clear the group stage on every occasion.

Surprisingly, Leia Poncho has only ever once progressed from the opening round, back in 2015, and like Amanaman she too went out in the second round.

Squid Head has been a mixed lot, three times failing at the group stage and three times progressing to the knockouts. On each of those times in the knockouts though lost in the second round on every opportunity. Always surprises me that he doesn't do better as he's a cracking figure, cracking sculpt and amazing accessories.

Please choose your THREE favourites

Top TWO progress to the knockouts

Voting closes Sunday 12th at 1455

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
58114DB8-B46F-4ABE-ACD6-46EE345B305C.jpeg

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Love, Love, Love Squid Head... utterly amazing sculpt and as Stu notes, great accessories too... a real gem for me and top of this pile in my eyes.
Other end of the scale is Amanaman, who along with Barada have never felt like SW figures to me.
Expect Luke to steal the group though

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
A comfortable victory for Luke Skywalker in this group, can't believe the wonderful Squid falls again, as he comes in third 4 votes behind Leia Poncho, feel there is a real lack of love for old Squiddly Diddly on this forum :(

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Can't believe Leia Poncho beat Squid Head. She might have a whole host of accessories including a helmet that Luke Poncho would have died for, but come on... that Squid Head sculpt is awesome and his cape discolours to a whole host of beautiful colours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom