• Princess Leia Organa

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Han Solo (Hoth Outfit)

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
The final former champion steps up to the plate as Princess Leia Organa takes on Han Hoth.

Princess Leia was victorious in 2017, just weeks after the passing of Carrie Fisher. The three previous years had seen a 3rd round exit in 2014, group stage in 2015 and a third round elimination in 2016, but it was no surprise when she was victorious in 2017 with emotions towards the Princess running high. Beating Biker Scout, Jawa, TIE Pilot, Leia Boushh and Chewbacca on route, she took out many big hitters. I think it was always going to be interesting to see how she would do when she came to defend her title though in 2018 as before her victory she never threatened to win the title, and true to form she was back to a third round elimination as she lost out to Yoda by 9 votes. In 2019 she was back in the quarter finals as she looked to threaten again, but she took a thumping losing 45-19 to eventual winner Luke Bespin. 2020 was her darkest hour as she finished third in her group and failing to reach the knockouts for the first time since 2015. She's got a tough match up here that's for sure.

Han Hoth, to me, as always fallen short of where I expect to him be. This is only the third time he has cleared the groups. Yes in 2016 he reached the quarters where he lost to Hoth Stormie, but he hasn't been at this stage since 2018 when he lost at this stage to Greedo.

So a battle on paper that looks a good match up, but it will need Han Hoth to step up like he hasn't really done so before.

PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR FAVOURITE FIGURE

VOTING CLOSES ON TUESDAY 26th JAN @6.35am

CCE8D12A-AF10-4996-8201-1D1E90CEE9E0.JPG

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
This is a hard choice - Han Hoth was the Han I had as a kid, but I always wanted a Leia and never had her. Leia got my vote in the end :)

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Another former champion falls as Princess Leia is beaten by 6 votes by Han Hoth, Han Hoth so often fails to deceive in this competition, but with a big scalp like this under his wing he'll be looking forward to seeing who he draws for the next round this evening.

QUALIFIERS
Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear)
R2-D2 with Sensorscope
Sand People (Tusken Raider)
Ben 'Obi-Wan' Kenobi / Princess Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)
Biker Scout
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
Jawa
Yoda
R2-D2
Power Droid
Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)
Bossk
Han Solo (Hoth Outfit)

Latest posts

Top Bottom