SWTOTW, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2 MLC-3 Mobile Laser Cannon

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
User avatar
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by subzero »

Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote::lol:

DSCF8071_phixr.jpg

This one is a beater and a half and it's my first mini-rig, got it literally a couple of weeks back, it was randomly bundled in with a loose Han Carbonite figure I bought. I had zero interest in this mini-rig as usually I don't like them and I only wanted the Han figure, so put it up on top of the cabinet out the way while I figured out what to do with it and iv'e actually started liking it a little bit, plus it keeps the Rancor entertained :lol:
What about the B-Wing pilot is he also entertained ? :lol:
Haha i'd say the pilot is more terrified than entertained. :lol:
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

User avatar
lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 6211
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by lejackal »

Pomse2001 wrote:
Sparky P wrote:I used to own this beauty before it was sold to that ScruffylookingNH that we all know and love :P
What a beauty, I love palitoy boxes. 8) do you know if there is other variants of MLC-3 palitoy boxes or was the ESB the only one they made ?
This used to be mine, Palitoy/Meccano ROTJ box with Woolworths 49p special buy sticker
Image
Image

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13719
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by Pomse2001 »

subzero wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
subzero wrote::lol:

DSCF8071_phixr.jpg

This one is a beater and a half and it's my first mini-rig, got it literally a couple of weeks back, it was randomly bundled in with a loose Han Carbonite figure I bought. I had zero interest in this mini-rig as usually I don't like them and I only wanted the Han figure, so put it up on top of the cabinet out the way while I figured out what to do with it and iv'e actually started liking it a little bit, plus it keeps the Rancor entertained :lol:
What about the B-Wing pilot is he also entertained ? :lol:
Haha i'd say the pilot is more terrified than entertained. :lol:
:lol:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13719
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by Pomse2001 »

lejackal wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Sparky P wrote:I used to own this beauty before it was sold to that ScruffylookingNH that we all know and love :P
What a beauty, I love palitoy boxes. 8) do you know if there is other variants of MLC-3 palitoy boxes or was the ESB the only one they made ?
This used to be mine, Palitoy/Meccano ROTJ box with Woolworths 49p special buy sticker
Image
Image
Nice one carl, thanks for the pictures, such a cool box you had 8) do you remember if the vehicle was a no coo with a scar ? :?

User avatar
lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 6211
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:34 am

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by lejackal »

Pomse2001 wrote:
lejackal wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
What a beauty, I love palitoy boxes. 8) do you know if there is other variants of MLC-3 palitoy boxes or was the ESB the only one they made ?
This used to be mine, Palitoy/Meccano ROTJ box with Woolworths 49p special buy sticker
Image
Image
Nice one carl, thanks for the pictures, such a cool box you had 8) do you remember if the vehicle was a no coo with a scar ? :?
I don't, sorry :cry:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13719
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by Pomse2001 »

lejackal wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
lejackal wrote: This used to be mine, Palitoy/Meccano ROTJ box with Woolworths 49p special buy sticker
Image
Image
Nice one carl, thanks for the pictures, such a cool box you had 8) do you remember if the vehicle was a no coo with a scar ? :?
I don't, sorry :cry:
No problem carl, I think the no coo with a scar was packed and sold it that box :D

User avatar
db94
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 1865
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:23 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by db94 »

Great choice for week 1.
MLC-3 was my 1st mini and absolutely loved it. It was so cool it had to be belong to Han Solo so I decided it was his personal vehicle for his many adventures :D

The boxes just look fantastic on display
Attachments
WP_20180103_11_31_11_Pro.jpg
WP_20180103_11_31_11_Pro.jpg (161.04 KiB) Viewed 627 times
WP_20180103_11_27_00_Pro.jpg
WP_20180103_11_27_00_Pro.jpg (154.75 KiB) Viewed 627 times

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13719
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by Pomse2001 »

db94 wrote:Great choice for week 1.
MLC-3 was my 1st mini and absolutely loved it. It was so cool it had to be belong to Han Solo so I decided it was his personal vehicle for his many adventures :D

The boxes just look fantastic on display
Thanks for the great childhood story and the pictures, now I must also have a palitoy MLC-3, are both of the MLC-3 with Hong Kong coo ? :D

User avatar
Robstyley
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2564
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:32 pm
Location: The other side of Mos Eisley

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by Robstyley »

I had a few mini-rigs as a kid and have fond memories of them but didn't have this one and don't own one now. Still interesting to hear about it though. Quite a comical looking little machine with the bubble cockpit cover. Heavy firepower for it's size 8)

User avatar
apack7229
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by apack7229 »

I love the mlc-3. IMO one of the nicer mini rigs.
Attachments
IMG_3661.JPG
IMG_3661.JPG (55.45 KiB) Viewed 611 times

retrotoyinfo
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by retrotoyinfo »

Pomse2001 wrote:
retrotoyinfo wrote:Hi

A very cool toy. Here is mine. The box is in better condition than the vehicle. The box is the $1 rebate version.

Image

Image

Image
It looks so cool with that $1 rebate, what a cool item 8)
I am very fond of the mini rigs, although Kenner did seem not to know when to stop, they seemed to grow and grow in number. The MLC-3 was one of the initial three mini rigs launched in 1981 but the $1 rebate version was a 1982 re-issue with 5 mini rigs advertised on the back.

A great spin off was the bootleg Uzay mini rigs. The 1982 re-issue also featured the special offer sticker with rebel commander figure which has elevated the toys collectability.

I will be making a new post in January on my website www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk featuring all the mini rigs released by Kenner
www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk A blog on 1970s and 1980s toys

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13719
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by Pomse2001 »

Robstyley wrote:I had a few mini-rigs as a kid and have fond memories of them but didn't have this one and don't own one now. Still interesting to hear about it though. Quite a comical looking little machine with the bubble cockpit cover. Heavy firepower for it's size 8)
You need to have one in your collection Rob :wink:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13719
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by Pomse2001 »

apack7229 wrote:I love the mlc-3. IMO one of the nicer mini rigs.
Looking great, where is the glass ?

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13719
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by Pomse2001 »

retrotoyinfo wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
retrotoyinfo wrote:Hi

A very cool toy. Here is mine. The box is in better condition than the vehicle. The box is the $1 rebate version.

Image

Image

Image
It looks so cool with that $1 rebate, what a cool item 8)
I am very fond of the mini rigs, although Kenner did seem not to know when to stop, they seemed to grow and grow in number. The MLC-3 was one of the initial three mini rigs launched in 1981 but the $1 rebate version was a 1982 re-issue with 5 mini rigs advertised on the back.

A great spin off was the bootleg Uzay mini rigs. The 1982 re-issue also featured the special offer sticker with rebel commander figure which has elevated the toys collectability.

I will be making a new post in January on my website http://www.retrotoyinfo.co.uk featuring all the mini rigs released by Kenner
Thanks for the info :D Yes with some items kenner did not know when to stop. I still think the special offer stickers on the boxes is cool 8)

User avatar
Plastikheld
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:45 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by Plastikheld »

Pomse2001 wrote:Do any of you have one with a scar in the coo ? :D
Looking for this one?

Image
http://www.condition10.de | Diary of a Star Wars Action-Figure Collector | Follow me on Image

Post Reply