SWTOTW, Week 20, 2018, Part 2/2 Build your armies mailer

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
spoons
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 20, 2018, Part 2/2

Post by spoons »

Pomse2001 wrote:
spoons wrote:forgot I own these as well :oops:

The two soldiers on the left are Build Your Armies figures repainted to test for alternative toy (soldier?) lines
some more figures, wow nice figures. Are they repainted from the factory ? :?
Presumably these came in a white mailer box but I've never thought of looking for one. Think I will have to track one down now.

And unpainted factory samples are very common for micro collection. Some were taken by Kenner employees to test paint etc for other toy lines. The gold stormtrooper is also thought to be a test
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

spoons wrote:Presumably these came in a white mailer box but I've never thought of looking for one. Think I will have to track one down now.
I don't collect these myself, but a quick bit of Googling confirms you are correct. There's a picture of the mailer and even a link to a YouTube ad for the Build Your Armies mailer on TIG here:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/Mai ... b1b05d20e9
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

spoons wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
spoons wrote:forgot I own these as well :oops:

The two soldiers on the left are Build Your Armies figures repainted to test for alternative toy (soldier?) lines
some more figures, wow nice figures. Are they repainted from the factory ? :?
Presumably these came in a white mailer box but I've never thought of looking for one. Think I will have to track one down now.

And unpainted factory samples are very common for micro collection. Some were taken by Kenner employees to test paint etc for other toy lines. The gold stormtrooper is also thought to be a test
Nice I am glad to read that you now want one :wink: thanks for the info, funny that this samples are very common :shock:
spoons
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by spoons »

Snaketibe wrote:
spoons wrote:Presumably these came in a white mailer box but I've never thought of looking for one. Think I will have to track one down now.
I don't collect these myself, but a quick bit of Googling confirms you are correct. There's a picture of the mailer and even a link to a YouTube ad for the Build Your Armies mailer on TIG here:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/Mai ... b1b05d20e9
That's great! thanks Jeremy
TrooperWill
Regular
Regular

Post by TrooperWill »

wow thanks for posting some up, crazy to see that they are in much better condition than any micro collection figures i have come across, but have been played with for years! thanks also for the picture of the kids playing, the micro collection is actually bigger than i realised.!!
I prefer trading items to buying them, have a loose run, about half the ships/vehicles and all the mini-rigs, spent under £200 and have had a blast doing so. This hobby doesn't have to be about spending a mortgage deposit every month on one item
TrooperWill
Regular
Regular

Post by TrooperWill »

as always with this forum, i come away finding more things i want to collect. guess id better pick up another detolf for the micro collection! :shock:
I prefer trading items to buying them, have a loose run, about half the ships/vehicles and all the mini-rigs, spent under £200 and have had a blast doing so. This hobby doesn't have to be about spending a mortgage deposit every month on one item
spoons
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by spoons »

TrooperWill wrote:wow thanks for posting some up, crazy to see that they are in much better condition than any micro collection figures i have come across, but have been played with for years! thanks also for the picture of the kids playing, the micro collection is actually bigger than i realised.!!
No problem Will, they are great sets and if they'd made the figures in plastic rather than metal I suspect that they would have been a lot more popular and would all look a lot tidier. They go well with the micro machine stuff too, we've got a good mix in the toy box.

The set up on the table is pretty much everything bar ships so not too much for you to hunt down, and still quite cheap!