SWTOTW, Week 22, 2018, Part 1/2 Hoth Wampa

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
Cardbackkid
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 22, 2018, Part 1/2

Post by Cardbackkid »

Pomse2001 wrote:
spoons wrote:First issue Kenner is a good shout and yes a lot of people think the black Wampa is real :lol:
Found a link about it :lol: https://thevintagetoyadvertiser.org/tag ... ack-wampa/
Brilliant :lol:
Oracle
Regular
Regular

Post by Oracle »

Here's mine.

It's a yellow Wampa, but the box is fairly mint and I still have the cardboard insert.
COO (c) Lucasfilm 1981 Made in Hong Kong
It still has a good arm 'action'. The legs seem to be a different grade of plastic and haven't yellowed as much (not really visible in the photo).

Not sure where I purchased it (I might have sent away for it to a catalogue store based on the sticker).

Not sure if they constantly improved or updated the Wampa - are there mould or figure variants (apart from the Black one :wink: ).
Attachments
WampaPalitoyESB.jpg
WampaPalitoyESB.jpg (117.22 KiB) Viewed 553 times
WampaBoxAndInsert.jpg
WampaBoxAndInsert.jpg (103.49 KiB) Viewed 553 times
WampaCOO.jpg
WampaCOO.jpg (60.17 KiB) Viewed 553 times
WampaBoxSticker.jpg
WampaBoxSticker.jpg (69.64 KiB) Viewed 553 times
WampaQALabel.jpg
WampaQALabel.jpg (92.2 KiB) Viewed 553 times
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Oracle wrote:Here's mine.

It's a yellow Wampa, but the box is fairly mint and I still have the cardboard insert.
COO (c) Lucasfilm 1981 Made in Hong Kong
It still has a good arm 'action'. The legs seem to be a different grade of plastic and haven't yellowed as much (not really visible in the photo).

Not sure where I purchased it (I might have sent away for it to a catalogue store based on the sticker).

Not sure if they constantly improved or updated the Wampa - are there mould or figure variants (apart from the Black one :wink: ).
Nice palitoy box you have 8) boxes with palitoy logo are so cool 8)

I do not know if there is any mould variants of the wampa, but there is a few coo variants :wink:
spoons
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by spoons »

found this great competition in ESB monthly

it was a taun taun offer the previous month

http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

spoons wrote:found this great competition in ESB monthly

it was a taun taun offer the previous month
Andy nice find, I love this competition and commercial items. Thanks for sharing the picture 8)
Capetown
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Capetown »

I feel ashamed I haven't contributed to your threads, Lars, but I've been in a huge collecting dip. I'm back in the game however.

Here are my Wampa's:

Still missing the Hoth playpack and the Toltoys version. There's also the first issue Kenner version with the flap folded around the box, but not sure that's a true variant.
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Capetown wrote:I feel ashamed I haven't contributed to your threads, Lars, but I've been in a huge collecting dip. I'm back in the game however.

Here are my Wampa's:

Still missing the Hoth playpack and the Toltoys version. There's also the first issue Kenner version with the flap folded around the box, but not sure that's a true variant.
What a magnificent collection!

Thanks for sharing :-)
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Capetown wrote:I feel ashamed I haven't contributed to your threads, Lars, but I've been in a huge collecting dip. I'm back in the game however.

Here are my Wampa's:

No problem Emiel about that you have not contributed to the threads. I have been a little busy for some time so I have not had time to share my own collection for some time in the threads :oops: But I am glad to see you here and thanks for sharing some parts of your fantastic collection in the thread. If you can find time for it then you are welcome to share your items in the old threads, here is a link to the threads we have done so far viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35554

The last box in the post is that a canadian box ? it looks awesome :D