Page 2 of 2

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 1/2

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:09 am
by Pomse2001
Snaketibe wrote:OK, here's something I plan to do from time to time. I recently had reason to re-photograph my Palitoy Land Speeder box and toy, and so I thought I would cover all 6 sides of the box (I do LOVE the Palitoy Star Wars boxes!) as well as fresh shots of the toy, all taken properly with flash (unlike some of my other earlier efforts), and share the results with the forum.

As and when I have a reason (or the wish!) to re-photograph other toys or boxes in more detail than I have previously therefore, I will post the results in the appropriate TOTW thread for others to enjoy/hate/ignore as they see fit :lol:

Palitoy Land Speeder - 01.jpg

Palitoy Land Speeder - 02.jpg

Palitoy Land Speeder - 03.jpg

Palitoy Land Speeder - 04.jpg

Palitoy Land Speeder - 05.jpg

Palitoy Land Speeder - 06.jpg

Palitoy Land Speeder - 07.jpg

Palitoy Land Speeder - 08.jpg
Thanks mate for the update of pictures of your beautiful box and landspeeder :D Great to see you are keeping the thread alive :lol: :wink:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 1/2

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:13 am
by Pomse2001
Capetown wrote:Mine:

Kenner

Image

Kenner Collectors series

Image

German Shrink Wrapped

Image

Palitoy

Image

Lots of variants still to find.
Thanks mate for sharing your huge landspeeder collection :wink: I love to see the unused stickers for the landspeeder, cool that you still have them 8) What is the difference between the kenner and the german box ? :?

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 1/2

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:58 pm
by Snaketibe
Capetown wrote:Mine:
Some fabulous examples! I love that shrink-wrapped one 8)

Thanks for sharing.

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 1/2

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:22 pm
by Capetown
Pomse2001 wrote:
Thanks mate for sharing your huge landspeeder collection :wink: I love to see the unused stickers for the landspeeder, cool that you still have them 8) What is the difference between the kenner and the german box ? :?
Thanks Lars. It's a regular Kenner box, just not sealed with tape, but shrink wrapped.

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 1/2

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 pm
by Pomse2001
Capetown wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Thanks mate for sharing your huge landspeeder collection :wink: I love to see the unused stickers for the landspeeder, cool that you still have them 8) What is the difference between the kenner and the german box ? :?
Thanks Lars. It's a regular Kenner box, just not sealed with tape, but shrink wrapped.
ok so if you find a box that is not shrink wrapped then you can't id it as a german box ? :?

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 1/2

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:54 pm
by Capetown
Well, there's no tape seal, so that might be a clue.

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 31, 2018, Part 1/2

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:31 am
by Pomse2001
Capetown wrote:Well, there's no tape seal, so that might be a clue.
Thanks, any idea why they used the same box ? :?