SWTOTW, Week 38, 2018, Part 2/2 Twin-Pod Cloud Car

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Twin-Pod Cloud Car:

Twin-Pod Cloud Car.jpg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
First the pilot, then his ride, Lars? :) OK, then!

When I was a boy, I remember eagerly buying a Twin-Pod Cloud Car. The Pilot hadn't yet been released, hence the somewhat odd artistic choices made by Kenner's box photographer!... I can't say I remember Luke Bespin co-piloting a Cloud Car with a Bespin Security Guard whilst on Hoth, as Lando, Leia Bespin, C-3PO and some of the Guard's clones looked on! ;-)

Despite that, I really wanted the ship and rushed home with my purchase and excitedly opened the box to find... well, the ship didn't really do anything. It had a couple of stickers to jazz it up, you could open both canopies (carefully, because they were really flimsy), and the landing gear descended... And that was it! A truly rubbish toy, if we're being brutally honest (so bad in fact, it was never reissued in Jedi packaging!), and yet today I'd never be without one in my collection. Poor it may be, but for some reason, I really, really love the thing! :-D

Here's mine:

Twin-Pod Do-Nothing - 01.jpg

Twin-Pod Do-Nothing - 02.jpg

Twin-Pod Do-Nothing - 03.jpg

Twin-Pod Do-Nothing - 04.jpg

Twin-Pod Do-Nothing - 05.jpg

Twin-Pod Do-Nothing - 06.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:

When I was a boy, I remember eagerly buying a Twin-Pod Cloud Car. The Pilot hadn't yet been released, hence the somewhat odd artistic choices made by Kenner's box photographer!... I can't say I remember Luke Bespin co-piloting a Cloud Car with a Bespin Security Guard whilst on Hoth, as Lando, Leia Bespin, C-3PO and some of the Guard's clones looked on! ;-)

Despite that, I really wanted the ship and rushed home with my purchase and excitedly opened the box to find... well, the ship didn't really do anything. It had a couple of stickers to jazz it up, you could open both canopies (carefully, because they were really flimsy), and the landing gear descended... And that was it! A truly rubbish toy, if we're being brutally honest (so bad in fact, it was never reissued in Jedi packaging!), and yet today I'd never be without one in my collection. Poor it may be, but for some reason, I really, really love the thing! :-D

Here's mine:

A real beauty Jeremy!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
spoons said:
A real beauty Jeremy!
Thanks. I bought it (like much of my collection!) back in the 90's, and it's one of those toys that doesn't seem to appear with a good condition box very often, so I'm grateful that I picked it up when I did.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:

I'm completely with you on this one! The TPCC is one of the ships I remember most from my childhood. I remember loving it because it had two cockpits and was easy to hold and fly around. I realise now it's pretty naff as a toy but I still absolutely love it. The clips on the canopies were a pain, and I'm almost positive I broke one of them. For some reason I only got around to buying myself one last year - a nice boxed Kenner one (I'll dig it out for some pictures) - but I definitely had a Palitoy one as a kid. To me, the TPCC box with that image and the Palitoy logo on it sums up my memories of Star Wars toys more than almost anything else.

It's a lovely cloud car you have there Oh, and :lol: :lol: at the filenames you've given the pictures!!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
peekaygee73 said:
I'm completely with you on this one! The TPCC is one of the ships I remember most from my childhood. I remember loving it because it had two cockpits and was easy to hold and fly around. I realise now it's pretty naff as a toy but I still absolutely love it. The clips on the canopies were a pain, and I'm almost positive I broke one of them. For some reason I only got around to buying myself one last year - a nice boxed Kenner one (I'll dig it out for some pictures) - but I definitely had a Palitoy one as a kid. To me, the TPCC box with that image and the Palitoy logo on it sums up my memories of Star Wars toys more than almost anything else.

It's a lovely cloud car you have there Oh, and :lol: :lol: at the filenames you've given the pictures!!

I know what you mean about memories of Star Wars toys. I certainly don't remember buying every toy I did as a child (although I can still remember a fair few of them), but for some reason the Twin-Pod Cloud Car purchase really stayed with me. I can still clearly see the box sitting on the shelf in Ware Toy Shop. The toy excited me and I wanted to own it! I remember saving up and eventually being able to pick it up off the shelf and buy it! 8)

spoons

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
spoons said:
A real beauty Jeremy!
Thanks. I bought it (like much of my collection!) back in the 90's, and it's one of those toys that doesn't seem to appear with a good condition box very often, so I'm grateful that I picked it up when I did.

I've been looking for a nice Palitoy one for years, but I want to pay 90's prices :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:

Here's mine:

I rally love the story from your childhood :D I never had one when I was a kid and I never saw it for sale in denmark :(

Your ships is a beauty, I love that palitoy box, thanks for sharing the pictures :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
Here's my two. The first one I found at a local flea market.DB42932C-8CB5-4254-B4B3-23CF49879B61.jpeg4741A323-4FE9-4445-87D1-F40E072798EC.jpeg

Thanks mate for sharing pictures of this 2 vehicles :D where are the doors for the cockpit ? :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
x-wingMark said:
Love the cloud car but was a ship I never had as a kid. This is the one in my collection.

image.jpeg

Wow Mark, another palitoy cloud car with box. Now I also want one with that cool logo 8) thanks mate for sharing pictures of your cloud car :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
apack7229 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Thanks mate for sharing pictures of this 2 vehicles :D where are the doors for the cockpit ? :lol:

Beats me. :lol: You know I like them missing pieces. :lol:

ok :lol: as long as the cloud car do not fly in space then I think the pilot is safe with no doors :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
ok I am a little busy so here is some older pictures for my cloud car, I am still missing the instruction :roll:

Bought it many years ago on evil bay in usa, my first cloud car ever :D

Twin Pod Cloud Car 01.JPG

Twin Pod Cloud Car 02.JPG

Twin Pod Cloud Car 03.JPG

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
ok I am a little busy so here is some older pictures for my cloud car, I am still missing the instruction :roll:

Nice Kenner example, Lars. It definitely seems to be a vehicle which was a little under-appreciated in its time, so I always enjoy seeing examples of it today :)

I hope you manage to find some instructions for your one.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Nice Kenner example, Lars. It definitely seems to be a vehicle which was a little under-appreciated in its time, so I always enjoy seeing examples of it today :)

I hope you manage to find some instructions for your one.

Thanks mate for your kind words, I agree under-appreciated vehicle it is. I really like that vehicle and I think there was not enough bespin items.
They made more for jabba the hutt than bespin :shock:

Let me know if you get an extra kenner instruction :D then I would love to buy it or trade, I have extra instructions for other vehicles :D

Jedijut

Padawan
Twin pod cloud car mania.

Attachments

• 111904AC-7E63-466E-985A-7210B7652683.jpeg
    111904AC-7E63-466E-985A-7210B7652683.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 974
  • 57792314-8DA5-49AE-BBF9-EF30A474CE4C.jpeg
    57792314-8DA5-49AE-BBF9-EF30A474CE4C.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 974
  • 57CFB889-77C8-4AE9-8B7E-54C2D02DC733.jpeg
    57CFB889-77C8-4AE9-8B7E-54C2D02DC733.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 974
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom