SWTOTW, Week 49, 2018, Part 2/2 12" IG-88 Action Figure

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

SWTOTW, Week 49, 2018, Part 2/2 12" IG-88 Action Figure

Post by Pomse2001 »

12" IG-88 Action Figure:
IG-88.jpg
IG-88.jpg (81.52 KiB) Viewed 1405 times

lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 49, 2018, Part 2/2

Post by lejackal »

Love this figure, one of the original grails.

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

Another rare one Lars.
These maybe a bit sparse, but who knows?

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Mini99 wrote:Another rare one Lars.
I do not know much about this big action figures is it rare ? :?

lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by lejackal »

Pomse2001 wrote:
It’s the hardest to find of the standard Kenner line.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

lejackal wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
It’s the hardest to find of the standard Kenner line.
Wow,I did not know that :shock: I hope some on the forum have one to share with all of us :D

poncho
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by poncho »

i stumbled on and annoyingly i saw a buy it now for £20 2 months ago abeit from it ebay.com but with postage it was still under £50 while i was looking at the pictures someone snaffled it ....

grrrr.....

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

poncho wrote:i stumbled on and annoyingly i saw a buy it now for £20 2 months ago abeit from it ebay.com but with postage it was still under £50 while i was looking at the pictures someone snaffled it ....

grrrr.....
damn, sorry about you did not get it :( I hope you find another one soon :wink: was the price good ?

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Palifan »

Well here's my loose one I picked up a few years ago. This completed my loose 12" run and although not all of them are completely mint (although they are complete other than Leia's brush), they're all not in bad condition and it's nice to have an example of each.

This was the last one I needed which I'm sure is fairly common amongst collectors of these due to the cost and the first one I picked up was sold to me as all original but once it was in hand it was pretty obvious the weapons were badly made repros. It all worked out in the end though as the seller gave me a hefty discount and I did ok reselling them so I was able to get the real thing. The bombs also don't have the usual melt marks on them which is a bonus and I've talced all the accessories so hopefully things will stay the way they are.

Ian
Attachments
IMG_1594.jpg
IMG_1594.jpg (101.92 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
IMG_1595.jpg
IMG_1595.jpg (138.32 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
IMG_1596.jpg
IMG_1596.jpg (79.31 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
IMG_1597.jpg
IMG_1597.jpg (101.1 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
IMG_1598.jpg
IMG_1598.jpg (76.43 KiB) Viewed 1261 times

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Palifan wrote:Well here's my loose one I picked up a few years ago. This completed my loose 12" run and although not all of them are completely mint (although they are complete other than Leia's brush), they're all not in bad condition and it's nice to have an example of each.

This was the last one I needed which I'm sure is fairly common amongst collectors of these due to the cost and the first one I picked up was sold to me as all original but once it was in hand it was pretty obvious the weapons were badly made repros. It all worked out in the end though as the seller gave me a hefty discount and I did ok reselling them so I was able to get the real thing. The bombs also don't have the usual melt marks on them which is a bonus and I've talced all the accessories so hopefully things will stay the way they are.

Ian
Great example, Ian, and thanks for not allowing this thread to go without an IG-88 being posted.

Thanks for sharing :-)

Jeremy

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Palifan »

Snaketibe wrote:
Palifan wrote:Well here's my loose one I picked up a few years ago. This completed my loose 12" run and although not all of them are completely mint (although they are complete other than Leia's brush), they're all not in bad condition and it's nice to have an example of each.

Ian
Great example, Ian, and thanks for not allowing this thread to go without an IG-88 being posted.

Thanks for sharing :-)

Jeremy

I do hate to see a thread go unanswered and thanks for the comment. :D

Ian

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

Thanks Ian,
That really is a lovely example.
Glad that someone had one to show.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Ian
Thanks ian for sharing your IG-88 in this thread 8) It looks fantastic :D

I am surprised to read they also make repro weapons for this huge figures :shock: But I am glad to read that you ID it and contacted seller about it :wink: so he could give you a discount :D

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Palifan »

Pomse2001 wrote:

Ian

I am surprised to read they also make repro weapons for this huge figures :shock: But I am glad to read that you ID it and contacted seller about it :wink: so he could give you a discount :D
They were really bad repros that were spray painted black so it was easy to spot. There was another company though making them that were very well made but fortunately they sink and the originals floats so again it's easy to know once they're in hand. They also make repro bombs and the ones I was sent looked to be milled which was impressive. Even the belt was repro but made from foam rubber and not firm rubber like the original. It took some research after I'd received it to know for sure that the belt wasn't good as I wasn't sure about what the original was made out of at the time but I got there in the end and got it all sorted.

Just glad I've got the real deal now which is the main thing :D

Ian

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

Palifan wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:

Ian

They were really bad repros that were spray painted black so it was easy to spot. There was another company though making them that were very well made but fortunately they sink and the originals floats so again it's easy to know once they're in hand. They also make repro bombs and the ones I was sent looked to be milled which was impressive. Even the belt was repro but made from foam rubber and not firm rubber like the original. It took some research after I'd received it to know for sure that the belt wasn't good as I wasn't sure about what the original was made out of at the time but I got there in the end and got it all sorted.

Just glad I've got the real deal now which is the main thing :D

Ian
I’m too surprised that some went to the effort to make repo bits for such a scarce item.
Doesn’t make much business sense to me. :?