Pomse2001

Grand Master
12" IG-88 Action Figure:

IG-88.jpg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Another rare one Lars.
These maybe a bit sparse, but who knows?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
lejackal said:
Pomse2001 said:
Mini99 said:
Another rare one Lars.
These maybe a bit sparse, but who knows?

I do not know much about this big action figures is it rare ? :?
It's the hardest to find of the standard Kenner line.

Wow,I did not know that :shock: I hope some on the forum have one to share with all of us :D

poncho

Grand Master
i stumbled on and annoyingly i saw a buy it now for £20 2 months ago abeit from it ebay.com but with postage it was still under £50 while i was looking at the pictures someone snaffled it ....

grrrr.....

Pomse2001

Grand Master
poncho said:
i stumbled on and annoyingly i saw a buy it now for £20 2 months ago abeit from it ebay.com but with postage it was still under £50 while i was looking at the pictures someone snaffled it ....

grrrr.....

damn, sorry about you did not get it :( I hope you find another one soon :wink: was the price good ?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well here's my loose one I picked up a few years ago. This completed my loose 12" run and although not all of them are completely mint (although they are complete other than Leia's brush), they're all not in bad condition and it's nice to have an example of each.

This was the last one I needed which I'm sure is fairly common amongst collectors of these due to the cost and the first one I picked up was sold to me as all original but once it was in hand it was pretty obvious the weapons were badly made repros. It all worked out in the end though as the seller gave me a hefty discount and I did ok reselling them so I was able to get the real thing. The bombs also don't have the usual melt marks on them which is a bonus and I've talced all the accessories so hopefully things will stay the way they are.

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_1598.jpg
    IMG_1598.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,565
  • IMG_1597.jpg
    IMG_1597.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,562
  • IMG_1596.jpg
    IMG_1596.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,565
  • IMG_1595.jpg
    IMG_1595.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,568
  • IMG_1594.jpg
    IMG_1594.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,562

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Palifan said:
Well here's my loose one I picked up a few years ago. This completed my loose 12" run and although not all of them are completely mint (although they are complete other than Leia's brush), they're all not in bad condition and it's nice to have an example of each.

This was the last one I needed which I'm sure is fairly common amongst collectors of these due to the cost and the first one I picked up was sold to me as all original but once it was in hand it was pretty obvious the weapons were badly made repros. It all worked out in the end though as the seller gave me a hefty discount and I did ok reselling them so I was able to get the real thing. The bombs also don't have the usual melt marks on them which is a bonus and I've talced all the accessories so hopefully things will stay the way they are.

Ian
Great example, Ian, and thanks for not allowing this thread to go without an IG-88 being posted.

Thanks for sharing :)

Jeremy

Palifan

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Palifan said:

Ian
Great example, Ian, and thanks for not allowing this thread to go without an IG-88 being posted.

Thanks for sharing :)

Jeremy

I do hate to see a thread go unanswered and thanks for the comment. :D

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Thanks Ian,
That really is a lovely example.
Glad that someone had one to show.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:

Ian

Thanks ian for sharing your IG-88 in this thread 8) It looks fantastic :D

I am surprised to read they also make repro weapons for this huge figures :shock: But I am glad to read that you ID it and contacted seller about it :wink: so he could give you a discount :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

I am surprised to read they also make repro weapons for this huge figures :shock: But I am glad to read that you ID it and contacted seller about it :wink: so he could give you a discount :D

They were really bad repros that were spray painted black so it was easy to spot. There was another company though making them that were very well made but fortunately they sink and the originals floats so again it's easy to know once they're in hand. They also make repro bombs and the ones I was sent looked to be milled which was impressive. Even the belt was repro but made from foam rubber and not firm rubber like the original. It took some research after I'd received it to know for sure that the belt wasn't good as I wasn't sure about what the original was made out of at the time but I got there in the end and got it all sorted.

Just glad I've got the real deal now which is the main thing :D

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

They were really bad repros that were spray painted black so it was easy to spot. There was another company though making them that were very well made but fortunately they sink and the originals floats so again it's easy to know once they're in hand. They also make repro bombs and the ones I was sent looked to be milled which was impressive. Even the belt was repro but made from foam rubber and not firm rubber like the original. It took some research after I'd received it to know for sure that the belt wasn't good as I wasn't sure about what the original was made out of at the time but I got there in the end and got it all sorted.

Ian

I'm too surprised that some went to the effort to make repo bits for such a scarce item.
Doesn't make much business sense to me. :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Ian

Great to read Ian that you got the real thing, this is the first time I hear about repro weapons for this huge figures. Do tig also do a guide about original and repro weapons for this huge figures ? :?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great to read Ian that you got the real thing, this is the first time I hear about repro weapons for this huge figures. Do tig also do a guide about original and repro weapons for this huge figures ? :?[/quote]

They do have a 12" accessory section in other on TIG here and this is the high quality repro I had ( although not the very low quality one).

https://www.imperialgunnery.com/12figureaccessories.htm

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Great to read Ian that you got the real thing, this is the first time I hear about repro weapons for this huge figures. Do tig also do a guide about original and repro weapons for this huge figures ? :?

They do have a 12" accessory section in other on TIG here and this is the high quality repro I had ( although not the very low quality one).

https://www.imperialgunnery.com/12figureaccessories.htm

Ian[/quote]

thanks for the link, scary that they also do this items as repro. I guess there is soon not more vintage that they do not make as repro :roll:

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Here's mine. The bandolier needs to be kept separate from the box as it reacts with the plastic used for the window.

180E99B2-CE8C-4671-97EB-C1831FF60A9C.jpeg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Clarkspie&chips said:
Here's mine. The bandolier needs to be kept separate from the box as it reacts with the plastic used for the window.

180E99B2-CE8C-4671-97EB-C1831FF60A9C.jpeg

A lovely example of this uncommon toy!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful collection :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom