SWTOTW, Week 1, 2019, Part 1/2 Princess Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
User avatar
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4458
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2019, Part 1/2

Post by Palifan »

Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Thanks Andy, as you know she’s with her brother now :D , still looking for Han for the set of three!
Lars, a great collection as usual.
Ian, lovley Palitoy re seal, a great job.
A really lovley pair :roll: Dr ball.
And well what can I say Jeremy, nice line up of loose and a beautiful Palitoy MOC and card back.
You know my view on varients, but what is the pretty one with red lips and pale face (first picture, right hand side)?
Thanks, Nick. The Leia in question is the 'ghost' face variant, aka the Palitoy Pale Face. You can read about it (plus a ton of Leia Bespin info in general) here http://leia.bespin.info/index.php?pageID=25#5A, with the home page being here http://leia.bespin.info/
That was an interesting read about the Palitoy variant but is this version only on the turtle neck version?

Ian
User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 4384
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2019, Part 1/2

Post by Snaketibe »

Palifan wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Thanks Andy, as you know she’s with her brother now :D , still looking for Han for the set of three!
Lars, a great collection as usual.
Ian, lovley Palitoy re seal, a great job.
A really lovley pair :roll: Dr ball.
And well what can I say Jeremy, nice line up of loose and a beautiful Palitoy MOC and card back.
You know my view on varients, but what is the pretty one with red lips and pale face (first picture, right hand side)?
Thanks, Nick. The Leia in question is the 'ghost' face variant, aka the Palitoy Pale Face. You can read about it (plus a ton of Leia Bespin info in general) here http://leia.bespin.info/index.php?pageID=25#5A, with the home page being here http://leia.bespin.info/
That was an interesting read about the Palitoy variant but is this version only on the turtle neck version?

Ian
I'm afraid I don't know. However that website seems pretty thorough, so I would be very surprised if a flesh-neck pale face variant did exist whilst managing to escape the notice of whoever maintains that site. Still, it's possible I suppose.
User avatar
poncho
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 5254
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2019, Part 1/2

Post by poncho »

should really chime this one in one of my beater MOCs and you sold it to me Lars 5 years ago :)
Attachments
15468532313512114368817.jpg
15468532313512114368817.jpg (99.24 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13944
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2019, Part 1/2

Post by Pomse2001 »

Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Thanks Andy, as you know she’s with her brother now :D , still looking for Han for the set of three!
Lars, a great collection as usual.
Ian, lovley Palitoy re seal, a great job.
A really lovley pair :roll: Dr ball.
And well what can I say Jeremy, nice line up of loose and a beautiful Palitoy MOC and card back.
You know my view on varients, but what is the pretty one with red lips and pale face (first picture, right hand side)?
Thanks, Nick. The Leia in question is the 'ghost' face variant, aka the Palitoy Pale Face. You can read about it (plus a ton of Leia Bespin info in general) here http://leia.bespin.info/index.php?pageID=25#5A, with the home page being here http://leia.bespin.info/
thanks nice links :wink:
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13944
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2019, Part 1/2

Post by Pomse2001 »

poncho wrote:should really chime this one in one of my beater MOCs and you sold it to me Lars 5 years ago :)
Nice, I have forgot all about that one, I am glad to see that you still have it 8) thanks for sharing it in the thread :D
User avatar
peekaygee73
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Posts: 964
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:56 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2019, Part 1/2

Post by peekaygee73 »

Here's another 31-back Kenner MOC. I bloody love this cardback!
Leia Organa (Bespin Gown) ESB 31-back front.jpg
Leia Organa (Bespin Gown) ESB 31-back front.jpg (109.16 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
Interestingly she's a short-pour on her right foot.
User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 4384
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2019, Part 1/2

Post by Snaketibe »

peekaygee73 wrote:Here's another 31-back Kenner MOC. I bloody love this cardback!

Leia Organa (Bespin Gown) ESB 31-back front.jpg

Interestingly she's a short-pour on her right foot.
A beautiful MOC!

Thanks for sharing :-)
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13944
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2019, Part 1/2

Post by Pomse2001 »

peekaygee73 wrote:Here's another 31-back Kenner MOC. I bloody love this cardback!

Leia Organa (Bespin Gown) ESB 31-back front.jpg

Interestingly she's a short-pour on her right foot.
Wow nice leia moc, unpainted foot and short-pour, very cool 8)
User avatar
s1d0w
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 280
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2019, Part 1/2

Post by s1d0w »

My two back from UKG
Screenshot 2019-06-11 at 22.23.27.png
Screenshot 2019-06-11 at 22.23.27.png (867.91 KiB) Viewed 679 times
Screenshot 2019-06-11 at 22.23.34.png
Screenshot 2019-06-11 at 22.23.34.png (865.47 KiB) Viewed 679 times
lee gray
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2826
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:01 am

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2019, Part 1/2

Post by lee gray »

Cool Leia, s1d0w

I do like these threads but is there also an index with the characters name for easy access ?
User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 4384
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2019, Part 1/2

Post by Snaketibe »

lee gray wrote:Cool Leia, s1d0w

I do like these threads but is there also an index with the characters name for easy access ?
There is indeed. It's regularly updated by Lars every time he starts a new TOTW thread, so in other words, twice a week:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35554
lee gray
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 2826
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:01 am

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2019, Part 1/2

Post by lee gray »

Snaketibe wrote:
lee gray wrote:Cool Leia, s1d0w

I do like these threads but is there also an index with the characters name for easy access ?
There is indeed. It's regularly updated by Lars every time he starts a new TOTW thread, so in other words, twice a week:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35554
Cool thanks
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 13944
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 1, 2019, Part 1/2

Post by Pomse2001 »

s1d0w wrote:My two back from UKG

Screenshot 2019-06-11 at 22.23.27.png

Screenshot 2019-06-11 at 22.23.34.png
thanks mate for sharing them, they look awesome 8)
Post Reply