SWTOTW, Week 5, 2019, Part 2/2 Turret/Probot Playset

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 5, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Snaketibe »

spoons wrote:I didn’t know there was a name change on this either, but you have some great examples. Presumably there’s a Canadian one too?

I have this Palitoy in a bit of tatty box but it does for me DBC04A62-5706-4C7E-9DBD-DFA2A1BD08E1.jpeg7DD4D581-5590-45BF-B87D-DF894C394ED9.jpeg
Thanks, Andy. It's always great to see another Palitoy box, and by the looks of things you have the instructions to go with yours, so well done for that.

Thanks for sharing :-)
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

poncho wrote:I've got a loose probot! Wap wap wap wap...
That's a nifty stand you have yours on. It works really well.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:I only have this box :lol:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg
That's great box and a very clean toy, Lars. Thanks for sharing :-)

Also, I have learned something new, as your Kenner box calls the toy the 'Turret/Probot Playset', whereas both my Kenner and Palitoy boxes call it the 'Turret & Probot Playset'. Yours was not a variation I was previously aware of.

Every day's a school day in this hobby! :-D
Thanks mate for the kind words :D Wow I did not see that the names of the playset is different :shock: You have the eyes of a variant collector :lol:
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Dr_Ball_MD wrote:Image
Nice playset it looks mint 8) thanks for sharing it :wink:
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

spoons wrote:I didn’t know there was a name change on this either, but you have some great examples. Presumably there’s a Canadian one too?

I have this Palitoy in a bit of tatty box but it does for me DBC04A62-5706-4C7E-9DBD-DFA2A1BD08E1.jpeg7DD4D581-5590-45BF-B87D-DF894C394ED9.jpeg
Nice palitoy box andy 8) even as it is a bit tatty then I am sure many collectors would be happy to have a box that looks like yours :wink: I would be happy if I just had a palitoy box :D
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

poncho wrote:I've got a loose probot! Wap wap wap wap...
Nice probot after thinking about it, strange that you have to buy the playset in the 80s just to get a probot :?
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

poncho wrote:I saw a baggie probot for £10 once on a eBay buy it now. It was listed for ages I regret not buying it. People are selling loose ones now for £40! That's just no fun is it. Pleased to say I got a loose one for £12 about 4 years ago :-)
£40 for a loose one :shock: that is crazy :shock:
titusillu
New User
New User

Post by titusillu »

Hi guys, here is my Turret Probot Set.
I also bought a bagged Probot a couple of years ago. I was told they are overstock. No idea if the Probot was bagged in the original box, but I thought it looks good so I left him bagged, have another one for the playset.

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

titusillu wrote:Hi guys, here is my Turret Probot Set.
I also bought a bagged Probot a couple of years ago. I was told they are overstock. No idea if the Probot was bagged in the original box, but I thought it looks good so I left him bagged, have another one for the playset.

What a lovely looking set. The box (another one of the 'slash' rather than '&' variants) looks in beautiful condition!

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Thanks mate for sharing your playset, It looks fantastic :D I love the insert for the playset. This must be the first time I have seen the insert for this playset :D
titusillu
New User
New User

Post by titusillu »

Pomse2001 wrote:
Thanks mate for sharing your playset, It looks fantastic :D I love the insert for the playset. This must be the first time I have seen the insert for this playset :D
Yes its kind of a weird insert, took me a while to understand how to put it all together. With the Probot pin sticking through the insert, so does the tin of the turret top ... That might be a reason why you havent seen them before - probably drove the kids mad, hehe.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

titusillu wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Yes its kind of a weird insert, took me a while to understand how to put it all together. With the Probot pin sticking through the insert, so does the tin of the turret top ... That might be a reason why you havent seen them before - probably drove the kids mad, hehe.
Some of the inserts on other items still drive me mad :lol:
titusillu
New User
New User

Post by titusillu »

Pomse2001 wrote:
titusillu wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Some of the inserts on other items still drive me mad :lol:
Definetly!!!
Some are clearly "bulid" to store / put the stuff back into the box, but some ... like the Kenner "Land of Jawas" what pain in the *#++ (just wrestled with it the other day ).
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

So I finally got me some Palitoy destructions! :wink:

I've been after some instructions for ages to complete my Palitoy 'Turret & Probot' set, and I am pleased to say that I finally have some!
Turret & Probot Destructions - 01.jpg
Turret & Probot Destructions - 01.jpg (184.59 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Turret & Probot Destructions - 02.jpg
Turret & Probot Destructions - 02.jpg (161.87 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Capetown
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Capetown »

I'm still looking for a Palitoy boxed version too. The Palitoy boxes I see on ebay usually look pretty horrible though.

By the way, Lars that's the first time I've ever seen the Turret/Probot variant. Thanks.

Here's my Kenner version. Also a relatively recent addition.