SWTOTW, Week 18, 2019, Part 1/2 Chewbacca

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Chewbacca:

chew.jpg

Jaxxon

Jedi Knight
Lovely examples.
Hoping to pick up my first MOC this weekend and I think this would be a fitting one. If anyone is looking to get rid of one please PM me. I'll be at Echo tomorrow.
RIP PM

lejackal

Grand Master
I don't have it in hand yet but I ordered this West End Games Chewy with some others last week. RIP Mr Mayhew, thanks for all the great memories :cry:

Attachments

• 131AC130-C07E-410F-9AB7-29DE8F2DD87E.jpeg
    131AC130-C07E-410F-9AB7-29DE8F2DD87E.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 1,041

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great choice Lars.
Here are my tributes to the big guy.
No Palitoy's I'm afraid.

Attachments

• B4525F7B-B7C0-4FE8-8426-E2B6929E4BB7.jpeg
    B4525F7B-B7C0-4FE8-8426-E2B6929E4BB7.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,035
  • A8374FC5-F634-4E92-B17E-170C0C7AA70E.jpeg
    A8374FC5-F634-4E92-B17E-170C0C7AA70E.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 1,034

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
lejackal said:
I don't have it in hand yet but I ordered this West End Games Chewy with some others last week. RIP Mr Mayhew, thanks for all the great memories :cry:
A nice piece. Is this something that will be left as it is, or is it a piece you are suppose to hand paint?

Thanks for sharing :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Mini99 said:
Great choice Lars.
Here are my tributes to the big guy.
No Palitoy's I'm afraid.
Two beautiful cards, Nick, and well done for having examples of both Chewie photos :)

Thanks for sharing.

lejackal

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
lejackal said:
A nice piece. Is this something that will be left as it is, or is it a piece you are suppose to hand paint?

I think they were originally intended to be painted but my very rusty figure painting skills from my warhammer days would likely ruin it :lol:
I'll be leaving them all as bare metal

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
lejackal said:
Snaketibe said:
lejackal said:

I think they were originally intended to be painted but my very rusty figure painting skills from my warhammer days would likely ruin it :lol:
I'll be leaving them all as bare metal
Fair enough! :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
A timely choice Lars, with the very sad news of the passing of dear old Peter Mayhew.

This was always a favourite figure for me as a child, even if I did wish Chewie's head could turn and his crossbow looked a bit more like it was supposed to!

Here are mine. From left to right, I have, 1) a dark, shiny brown pouch figure with light blue eyes and large eye whites, 2) a narrower pouch figure with dark blue eyes and large eye whites, 3) a light blue eyes and small eye whites figure with green crossbow, 4) a metallic green/gold pouch (it REALLY doesn't photograph that way though!) figure with light blue eyes and large eye whites.

I have also photographed the COO's, plus 2 of the bowcasters close-up to show the sculpting differences in the ones that I own, and all four of mine with light behind them to show the translucency differences, especially in the green.

And lastly, I can offer up another trusty reseal.

Malamute 01.jpg

Malamute 02.jpg

Malamute 03.jpg

Malamute 04.jpg

Malamute 05.jpg

Malamute 06.jpg

Malamute 07.jpg

Malamute 08.jpg

Malamute 09.jpg

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Cazza said:
A very fitting Toy of the Week 8)
Terrific stuff! Is this a reseal? It's very good if so, with a tremendous card and bubble.

Thanks mate- yes, it's a reseal 8) Yours is excellent! Nice loose variants too 8)

lejackal

Grand Master
I've just been going through my West End Games Escape from the Death Star game and found these rarely seen Chewbacca items.
There's also Han, Luke and Leia for anyone looking for completely obscure character focus items.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 727
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 728
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom