SWTOTW, Week 24, 2019, Part 2/2 Darth Vader's Star Destroyer

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
StarWarsFan
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 24, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by StarWarsFan »

Snaketibe wrote:"Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Action Playset"... the name just trips off the tongue, doesn't it? :lol: Despite the unfeasibly long name, and the utter lack of any resemblance to what we saw on screen, this really isn't that bad a playset (and make no mistake, this IS a playset rather than a vehicle). Back in the early 80's, I had this set and liked it a lot... once I got past my vague misgivings about it looking nothing like the thing I'd seen in the film! It looked a bit funky, and the electrics in the glorified torch, sorry, meditation chamber never did work properly on my one, but it was still cool to encase Vader in his black plastic clam :-D

A couple of observations; firstly, why is the back of this thing bright blue? And secondly, what was so difficult about getting The Emperor's title correct? This playset's instructions would have you believe he was called the Grand Vizier! They even trademarked it! :lol:

Anyway, here's mine. I'd really like to upgrade this at some point as the box isn't the best, but the set is complete. Plus, as an added bonus, it gives me the perfect opportunity to wheel out the diorama photo I took years ago! :-D

What A Long Name For A Toy - 01.jpg

What A Long Name For A Toy - 02.jpg

What A Long Name For A Toy - 03.jpg

What A Long Name For A Toy - 04.jpg

What A Long Name For A Toy - 05.jpg
Love the display with the figures.
My feedback:
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=26702

My The Force Be With You
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

StarWarsFan wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:"Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Action Playset"... the name just trips off the tongue, doesn't it? :lol: Despite the unfeasibly long name, and the utter lack of any resemblance to what we saw on screen, this really isn't that bad a playset (and make no mistake, this IS a playset rather than a vehicle). Back in the early 80's, I had this set and liked it a lot... once I got past my vague misgivings about it looking nothing like the thing I'd seen in the film! It looked a bit funky, and the electrics in the glorified torch, sorry, meditation chamber never did work properly on my one, but it was still cool to encase Vader in his black plastic clam :-D

A couple of observations; firstly, why is the back of this thing bright blue? And secondly, what was so difficult about getting The Emperor's title correct? This playset's instructions would have you believe he was called the Grand Vizier! They even trademarked it! :lol:

Anyway, here's mine. I'd really like to upgrade this at some point as the box isn't the best, but the set is complete. Plus, as an added bonus, it gives me the perfect opportunity to wheel out the diorama photo I took years ago! :-D

I did that one and another with the Skiff (see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38456&start=15) many years ago when I got my first SLR camera and decided to photograph my collection. It was fun to set them all up, and even though I don't have the space (or figures!) to display every ship that way, it's nice to dig out the photos every now and then :-)
StarWarsFan
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by StarWarsFan »

Snaketibe wrote:
StarWarsFan wrote:

I did that one and another with the Skiff (see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38456&start=15) many years ago when I got my first SLR camera and decided to photograph my collection. It was fun to set them all up, and even though I don't have the space (or figures!) to display every ship that way, it's nice to dig out the photos every now and then :-)
Nice one must say that is amazing.
My feedback:

My The Force Be With You
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

StarWarsFan wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:
StarWarsFan wrote:

Nice one must say that is amazing.
Thanks very much :-)
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

StarWarsFan wrote:Not my current Display this is in a box ATM, but here it is on Display back in 2017
Looking great, what is going on with the stormies on the destroyer ? are they trying to Abandon Ship ? :lol:
StarWarsFan
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by StarWarsFan »

lol yep :lol:
My feedback:

My The Force Be With You