SWTOTW, Week 27, 2019, Part 2/2 B-Wing Fighter Vehicle

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

SWTOTW, Week 27, 2019, Part 2/2 B-Wing Fighter Vehicle

Post by Pomse2001 »

B-Wing Fighter Vehicle:

Ok, I fucked up again, I forgot to do the thread sunday :roll: sorry about that guys :oops:
00.jpg
00.jpg (93.63 KiB) Viewed 654 times
Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 27, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Ruby2511 »

Pomse2001 wrote:B-Wing Fighter Vehicle:

Ok, I fucked up again, I forgot to do the thread sunday :roll: sorry about that guys :oops:

00.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi i'm Russ 👋

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.
Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by Ruby2511 »

Nice vehicle and again, this is a holy grail on my want list..........cough cough (Mrs Ruby2511)
Hi i'm Russ 👋

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

ok here are my B-Wing fighter. I bought it on ebay from a woman in the uk. But after I won it I learned she would not mail to denmark :shock: I was lucky Andy also called Mumbo on the forum, could help me. She mailed it to him, he contacted me about the packing was very bad so he found a box for it and packed it again after he had checked it for damage and missing parts. Then he mailed it to me. So the mail got a little bit expensive. First I had to pay for the mail to andy and then I had to pay for the mail from andy to me. But it was worth it :D It was so nice of him to help me with the getting this fantastic vehicle :D Andy told me the back of the cockpit was glued together and was fallen apart in the mail to him. I contacted seller and got some of the money back :D Then another Andy from the forum came to my rescue it was andy also called Spoons on the forum. He had an extra cockpit for the B-Wing fighter that he mailed me for free :shock: So again andy and andy thanks for the help guys :D I must admit it was not easy to change the cockpit, I needed 4 hands for that :shock: so my brother helped me with the other 2 hands :lol:
01.jpg
01.jpg (101.45 KiB) Viewed 645 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (89.51 KiB) Viewed 645 times
03.jpg
03.jpg (267.13 KiB) Viewed 645 times
Dr_Ball_MD
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Dr_Ball_MD »

Sill looking to add one of these to my collection.
x-wingMark
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by x-wingMark »

Not a ship I had as a kid but would of loved it as it has some cool playability.

Here's mine.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (243.37 KiB) Viewed 639 times
The First Transport is Away!

Deploy the Garrison!

SWFUK Feedback http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=17775
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

x-wingMark wrote:Not a ship I had as a kid but would of loved it as it has some cool playability.

Here's mine.

image.jpeg
Thanks for sharing it, box and vehicle looks fantastic 8)
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Pomse2001 wrote:ok here are my B-Wing fighter. I bought it on ebay from a woman in the uk. But after I won it I learned she would not mail to denmark :shock: I was lucky Andy also called Mumbo on the forum, could help me. She mailed it to him, he contacted me about the packing was very bad so he found a box for it and packed it again after he had checked it for damage and missing parts. Then he mailed it to me. So the mail got a little bit expensive. First I had to pay for the mail to andy and then I had to pay for the mail from andy to me. But it was worth it :D It was so nice of him to help me with the getting this fantastic vehicle :D Andy told me the back of the cockpit was glued together and was fallen apart in the mail to him. I contacted seller and got some of the money back :D Then another Andy from the forum came to my rescue it was andy also called Spoons on the forum. He had an extra cockpit for the B-Wing fighter that he mailed me for free :shock: So again andy and andy thanks for the help guys :D I must admit it was not easy to change the cockpit, I needed 4 hands for that :shock: so my brother helped me with the other 2 hands :lol:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg
Very interesting read Lars. I'm glad you finally managed to get it sent to you OK, and also that you changed the cockpit successfully. Top marks though to both Andy and Andy for helping you out! What superstars they both are 8)

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your great B-Wing example, and if you're ever stuck for someone to mail you stuff in Denmark again in the future, I am also quite happy to help.
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

x-wingMark wrote:Not a ship I had as a kid but would of loved it as it has some cool playability.

Here's mine.

image.jpeg
Another terrific example!

Thanks for sharing :-)
UKS
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by UKS »

I remember these piled high in ASDA in discount at the end of the SW run. Why did I not buy one??

I picked mine up in the nineties at a boot sale - along with a lot of other bits and bobs for a tenner.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:ok here are my B-Wing fighter. I bought it on ebay from a woman in the uk. But after I won it I learned she would not mail to denmark :shock: I was lucky Andy also called Mumbo on the forum, could help me. She mailed it to him, he contacted me about the packing was very bad so he found a box for it and packed it again after he had checked it for damage and missing parts. Then he mailed it to me. So the mail got a little bit expensive. First I had to pay for the mail to andy and then I had to pay for the mail from andy to me. But it was worth it :D It was so nice of him to help me with the getting this fantastic vehicle :D Andy told me the back of the cockpit was glued together and was fallen apart in the mail to him. I contacted seller and got some of the money back :D Then another Andy from the forum came to my rescue it was andy also called Spoons on the forum. He had an extra cockpit for the B-Wing fighter that he mailed me for free :shock: So again andy and andy thanks for the help guys :D I must admit it was not easy to change the cockpit, I needed 4 hands for that :shock: so my brother helped me with the other 2 hands :lol:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg
Very interesting read Lars. I'm glad you finally managed to get it sent to you OK, and also that you changed the cockpit successfully. Top marks though to both Andy and Andy for helping you out! What superstars they both are 8)

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your great B-Wing example, and if you're ever stuck for someone to mail you stuff in Denmark again in the future, I am also quite happy to help.
Thanks Jeremy, for the kind words :D Yes andy and andy is superstars 8) Great to know that I can always write to you about help :D The same here, you can always write to me for help :D
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

UKS wrote:I remember these piled high in ASDA in discount at the end of the SW run. Why did I not buy one??

I picked mine up in the nineties at a boot sale - along with a lot of other bits and bobs for a tenner.
You are welcome to share pictures in the thread of your B-Wing :wink:
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

The B-Wing, eh? Well, it's really a terrific ship! It's certainly a bit of a whopper for a small child to wield about the place as he recreates blowing up the second Death Star, but there's no denying it's a really good toy :-). What's not to like? The wings move in a really cool way, the cockpit opens and spins with gravity to always keep the pilot upright, and it even has unexpected landing gear! It's a marvelous toy where the only thing you'll be left wondering is why the hell it's called a B-Wing? :lol:

Anyway, enough drivel. Here are my two; a Palitoy stickered Kenner boxed example, and an unused Tri-logo:
Why B - 01.jpg
Why B - 01.jpg (144.98 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Why B - 02.jpg
Why B - 02.jpg (105.78 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Why B - 03.jpg
Why B - 03.jpg (75.03 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Why B - 04.jpg
Why B - 04.jpg (145.74 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Why B - 05.jpg
Why B - 05.jpg (143.28 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Why B - 06.jpg
Why B - 06.jpg (154.42 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Why B - 07.jpg
Why B - 07.jpg (135.41 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Why B - 08.jpg
Why B - 08.jpg (128.94 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Why B - 09.jpg
Why B - 09.jpg (143.38 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Snaketibe wrote:The B-Wing, eh? Well, it's really a terrific ship! It's certainly a bit of a whopper for a small child to wield about the place as he recreates blowing up the second Death Star, but there's no denying it's a really good toy :-). What's not to like? The wings move in a really cool way, the cockpit opens and spins with gravity to always keep the pilot upright, and it even has unexpected landing gear! It's a marvelous toy where the only thing you'll be left wondering is why the hell it's called a B-Wing? :lol:

Anyway, enough drivel. Here are my two; a Palitoy stickered Kenner boxed example, and an unused Tri-logo:

Why B - 01.jpg

Why B - 02.jpg

Why B - 03.jpg

Why B - 04.jpg

Why B - 05.jpg

Why B - 06.jpg

Why B - 07.jpg

Why B - 08.jpg

Why B - 09.jpg
Great writing jeremy and 3 beautiful b-wings with box that you have. So you are the b-wing fighter King on the forum :lol: :wink:

I agree about everything you write on the b-wing fighter, also why the fuck is it called a b-wing fighter ? :lol:

I understand the X-Wing and the Y-wing, but not the B Wing and also not the A wing :?

Also very strange that I have never seen a b-wing in a danish childhood lot :shock: I know it first came in ROTJ, but I always find speeder bikes, ewok catapults in danish lots and they are also only from ROTJ :?
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Pomse2001 wrote:Great writing jeremy and 3 beautiful b-wings with box that you have. So you are the b-wing fighter King on the forum :lol: :wink:

I agree about everything you write on the b-wing fighter, also why the fuck is it called a b-wing fighter ? :lol:

I understand the X-Wing and the Y-wing, but not the B Wing and also not the A wing :?

Also very strange that I have never seen a b-wing in a danish childhood lot :shock: I know it first came in ROTJ, but I always find speeder bikes, ewok catapults in danish lots and they are also only from ROTJ :?
Thanks Lars, although I only have 2 boxed B-Wings, not 3 :?

Also, I was joking about the B-wing's name as I do in fact know the real reason why both the A-Wing and B-Wings are so named, and it's not what most people would expect. Unlike the X-Wings and Y-Wings which have a clear profile describing the letter in their names, the A-Wing (which OK, sort of looks a bit like an 'A' when viewed from above... if you squint your eyes and use your imagination! :lol: ) and the B-Wing were actually both newly designed ships for Return of the Jedi. The production crew named the two new ships as "A fighter" and "B fighter", and the names kind of stuck and came from that!