SWTOTW, Week 27, 2019, Part 2/2 B-Wing Fighter Vehicle

Pomse2001

Grand Master
B-Wing Fighter Vehicle:

Ok, I ****ed up again, I forgot to do the thread sunday :roll: sorry about that guys :oops:

00.jpg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Nice vehicle and again, this is a holy grail on my want list..........cough cough (Mrs Ruby2511)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
ok here are my B-Wing fighter. I bought it on ebay from a woman in the uk. But after I won it I learned she would not mail to denmark :shock: I was lucky Andy also called Mumbo on the forum, could help me. She mailed it to him, he contacted me about the packing was very bad so he found a box for it and packed it again after he had checked it for damage and missing parts. Then he mailed it to me. So the mail got a little bit expensive. First I had to pay for the mail to andy and then I had to pay for the mail from andy to me. But it was worth it :D It was so nice of him to help me with the getting this fantastic vehicle :D Andy told me the back of the cockpit was glued together and was fallen apart in the mail to him. I contacted seller and got some of the money back :D Then another Andy from the forum came to my rescue it was andy also called Spoons on the forum. He had an extra cockpit for the B-Wing fighter that he mailed me for free :shock: So again andy and andy thanks for the help guys :D I must admit it was not easy to change the cockpit, I needed 4 hands for that :shock: so my brother helped me with the other 2 hands :lol:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

x-wingMark

Jedi Master
Not a ship I had as a kid but would of loved it as it has some cool playability.

Here's mine.

image.jpeg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
x-wingMark said:
Not a ship I had as a kid but would of loved it as it has some cool playability.

Here's mine.

image.jpeg

Thanks for sharing it, box and vehicle looks fantastic 8)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
ok here are my B-Wing fighter. I bought it on ebay from a woman in the uk. But after I won it I learned she would not mail to denmark :shock: I was lucky Andy also called Mumbo on the forum, could help me. She mailed it to him, he contacted me about the packing was very bad so he found a box for it and packed it again after he had checked it for damage and missing parts. Then he mailed it to me. So the mail got a little bit expensive. First I had to pay for the mail to andy and then I had to pay for the mail from andy to me. But it was worth it :D It was so nice of him to help me with the getting this fantastic vehicle :D Andy told me the back of the cockpit was glued together and was fallen apart in the mail to him. I contacted seller and got some of the money back :D Then another Andy from the forum came to my rescue it was andy also called Spoons on the forum. He had an extra cockpit for the B-Wing fighter that he mailed me for free :shock: So again andy and andy thanks for the help guys :D I must admit it was not easy to change the cockpit, I needed 4 hands for that :shock: so my brother helped me with the other 2 hands :lol:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg
Very interesting read Lars. I'm glad you finally managed to get it sent to you OK, and also that you changed the cockpit successfully. Top marks though to both Andy and Andy for helping you out! What superstars they both are 8)

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your great B-Wing example, and if you're ever stuck for someone to mail you stuff in Denmark again in the future, I am also quite happy to help.

UKS

Jedi Knight
I remember these piled high in ASDA in discount at the end of the SW run. Why did I not buy one??

I picked mine up in the nineties at a boot sale - along with a lot of other bits and bobs for a tenner.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg
Very interesting read Lars. I'm glad you finally managed to get it sent to you OK, and also that you changed the cockpit successfully. Top marks though to both Andy and Andy for helping you out! What superstars they both are 8)

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your great B-Wing example, and if you're ever stuck for someone to mail you stuff in Denmark again in the future, I am also quite happy to help.

Thanks Jeremy, for the kind words :D Yes andy and andy is superstars 8) Great to know that I can always write to you about help :D The same here, you can always write to me for help :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
UKS said:
I remember these piled high in ASDA in discount at the end of the SW run. Why did I not buy one??

I picked mine up in the nineties at a boot sale - along with a lot of other bits and bobs for a tenner.

You are welcome to share pictures in the thread of your B-Wing :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
The B-Wing, eh? Well, it's really a terrific ship! It's certainly a bit of a whopper for a small child to wield about the place as he recreates blowing up the second Death Star, but there's no denying it's a really good toy :). What's not to like? The wings move in a really cool way, the cockpit opens and spins with gravity to always keep the pilot upright, and it even has unexpected landing gear! It's a marvelous toy where the only thing you'll be left wondering is why the hell it's called a B-Wing? :lol:

Anyway, enough drivel. Here are my two; a Palitoy stickered Kenner boxed example, and an unused Tri-logo:

Why B - 01.jpg

Why B - 02.jpg

Why B - 03.jpg

Why B - 04.jpg

Why B - 05.jpg

Why B - 06.jpg

Why B - 07.jpg

Why B - 08.jpg

Why B - 09.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
The B-Wing, eh? Well, it's really a terrific ship! It's certainly a bit of a whopper for a small child to wield about the place as he recreates blowing up the second Death Star, but there's no denying it's a really good toy :). What's not to like? The wings move in a really cool way, the cockpit opens and spins with gravity to always keep the pilot upright, and it even has unexpected landing gear! It's a marvelous toy where the only thing you'll be left wondering is why the hell it's called a B-Wing? :lol:

Anyway, enough drivel. Here are my two; a Palitoy stickered Kenner boxed example, and an unused Tri-logo:

Why B - 01.jpg

Why B - 02.jpg

Why B - 03.jpg

Why B - 04.jpg

Why B - 05.jpg

Why B - 06.jpg

Why B - 07.jpg

Why B - 08.jpg

Why B - 09.jpg

Great writing jeremy and 3 beautiful b-wings with box that you have. So you are the b-wing fighter King on the forum :lol: :wink:

I agree about everything you write on the b-wing fighter, also why the **** is it called a b-wing fighter ? :lol:

I understand the X-Wing and the Y-wing, but not the B Wing and also not the A wing :?

Also very strange that I have never seen a b-wing in a danish childhood lot :shock: I know it first came in ROTJ, but I always find speeder bikes, ewok catapults in danish lots and they are also only from ROTJ :?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Great writing jeremy and 3 beautiful b-wings with box that you have. So you are the b-wing fighter King on the forum :lol: :wink:

I agree about everything you write on the b-wing fighter, also why the **** is it called a b-wing fighter ? :lol:

I understand the X-Wing and the Y-wing, but not the B Wing and also not the A wing :?

Also very strange that I have never seen a b-wing in a danish childhood lot :shock: I know it first came in ROTJ, but I always find speeder bikes, ewok catapults in danish lots and they are also only from ROTJ :?
Thanks Lars, although I only have 2 boxed B-Wings, not 3 :?

Also, I was joking about the B-wing's name as I do in fact know the real reason why both the A-Wing and B-Wings are so named, and it's not what most people would expect. Unlike the X-Wings and Y-Wings which have a clear profile describing the letter in their names, the A-Wing (which OK, sort of looks a bit like an 'A' when viewed from above... if you squint your eyes and use your imagination! :lol: ) and the B-Wing were actually both newly designed ships for Return of the Jedi. The production crew named the two new ships as "A fighter" and "B fighter", and the names kind of stuck and came from that!

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:

Why B - 01.jpg

Why B - 02.jpg

Why B - 03.jpg

Why B - 04.jpg

Why B - 05.jpg

Why B - 06.jpg

Why B - 07.jpg

Why B - 08.jpg

Why B - 09.jpg

Stunning ships dude, thanks for sharing your collection. I'm on the hunt now for one of my own :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Ruby2511 said:
Snaketibe said:

Why B - 01.jpg

Why B - 02.jpg

Why B - 03.jpg

Why B - 04.jpg

Why B - 05.jpg

Why B - 06.jpg

Why B - 07.jpg

Why B - 08.jpg

Why B - 09.jpg

Stunning ships dude, thanks for sharing your collection. I'm on the hunt now for one of my own :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks Lars, although I only have 2 boxed B-Wings, not 3 :?

Also, I was joking about the B-wing's name as I do in fact know the real reason why both the A-Wing and B-Wings are so named, and it's not what most people would expect. Unlike the X-Wings and Y-Wings which have a clear profile describing the letter in their names, the A-Wing (which OK, sort of looks a bit like an 'A' when viewed from above... if you squint your eyes and use your imagination! :lol: ) and the B-Wing were actually both newly designed ships for Return of the Jedi. The production crew named the two new ships as "A fighter" and "B fighter", and the names kind of stuck and came from that!

Oh I read it like it was 3 :lol: sorry. You are still the king, I have not seen other members that have 2 :D

Ok I did just understand the joke :oops: But great to read you know why they have the names and that you will share it with the rest of the forum :D I did not know all this, I am still learning after so many years, but it would also be boring to know it all :lol: I thought I had enough imagination, but I have to look for some more before I can see the A :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom