SWTOTW, Week 27, 2019, Part 2/2 B-Wing Fighter Vehicle

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 27, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Ruby2511 »

Snaketibe wrote:The B-Wing, eh? Well, it's really a terrific ship! It's certainly a bit of a whopper for a small child to wield about the place as he recreates blowing up the second Death Star, but there's no denying it's a really good toy :-). What's not to like? The wings move in a really cool way, the cockpit opens and spins with gravity to always keep the pilot upright, and it even has unexpected landing gear! It's a marvelous toy where the only thing you'll be left wondering is why the hell it's called a B-Wing? :lol:

Anyway, enough drivel. Here are my two; a Palitoy stickered Kenner boxed example, and an unused Tri-logo:

Why B - 01.jpg

Why B - 02.jpg

Why B - 03.jpg

Why B - 04.jpg

Why B - 05.jpg

Why B - 06.jpg

Why B - 07.jpg

Why B - 08.jpg

Why B - 09.jpg
Stunning ships dude, thanks for sharing your collection. I'm on the hunt now for one of my own :lol:
Hi i'm Russ 👋

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Ruby2511 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:The B-Wing, eh? Well, it's really a terrific ship! It's certainly a bit of a whopper for a small child to wield about the place as he recreates blowing up the second Death Star, but there's no denying it's a really good toy :-). What's not to like? The wings move in a really cool way, the cockpit opens and spins with gravity to always keep the pilot upright, and it even has unexpected landing gear! It's a marvelous toy where the only thing you'll be left wondering is why the hell it's called a B-Wing? :lol:

Anyway, enough drivel. Here are my two; a Palitoy stickered Kenner boxed example, and an unused Tri-logo:

Why B - 01.jpg

Why B - 02.jpg

Why B - 03.jpg

Why B - 04.jpg

Why B - 05.jpg

Why B - 06.jpg

Why B - 07.jpg

Why B - 08.jpg

Why B - 09.jpg
Stunning ships dude, thanks for sharing your collection. I'm on the hunt now for one of my own :lol:
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:Great writing jeremy and 3 beautiful b-wings with box that you have. So you are the b-wing fighter King on the forum :lol: :wink:

I agree about everything you write on the b-wing fighter, also why the fuck is it called a b-wing fighter ? :lol:

I understand the X-Wing and the Y-wing, but not the B Wing and also not the A wing :?

Also very strange that I have never seen a b-wing in a danish childhood lot :shock: I know it first came in ROTJ, but I always find speeder bikes, ewok catapults in danish lots and they are also only from ROTJ :?
Thanks Lars, although I only have 2 boxed B-Wings, not 3 :?

Also, I was joking about the B-wing's name as I do in fact know the real reason why both the A-Wing and B-Wings are so named, and it's not what most people would expect. Unlike the X-Wings and Y-Wings which have a clear profile describing the letter in their names, the A-Wing (which OK, sort of looks a bit like an 'A' when viewed from above... if you squint your eyes and use your imagination! :lol: ) and the B-Wing were actually both newly designed ships for Return of the Jedi. The production crew named the two new ships as "A fighter" and "B fighter", and the names kind of stuck and came from that!
Oh I read it like it was 3 :lol: sorry. You are still the king, I have not seen other members that have 2 :D

Ok I did just understand the joke :oops: But great to read you know why they have the names and that you will share it with the rest of the forum :D I did not know all this, I am still learning after so many years, but it would also be boring to know it all :lol: I thought I had enough imagination, but I have to look for some more before I can see the A :lol: