Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 41, 2019

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
Post Reply
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12507
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 41, 2019

Post by Pomse2001 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:47 pm

The Jabba The Hutt Dungeon Action Playset:
dungeon.jpg
dungeon.jpg (71.17 KiB) Viewed 324 times

User avatar
UKS
Regular
Regular
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:10 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 41, 2019

Post by UKS » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:12 pm

Never had this playset. Looking at it, I’m not that impressed really.

User avatar
Capetown
Sith Lord
Sith Lord
Posts: 4733
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:30 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 41, 2019

Post by Capetown » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:12 pm

Mine:

Image

Image

User avatar
s1d0w
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 41, 2019

Post by s1d0w » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Capetown wrote:Mine:

Image

Image
Don't own one myself but nice to see these great examples

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3282
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 41, 2019

Post by Snaketibe » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:18 am

Capetown wrote:Mine:
Lovely examples! Thanks for sharing :-)

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3282
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 41, 2019

Post by Snaketibe » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:41 am

The Jabba the Hutt Dungeon Action Playset... ACTION?!!! Come off it! The Jabba the Hutt Super Cheapo Recycled Crap No Play Whatsoever Set, more like!... What a pile of crap this is! Granted the figures are great, but the recycled Kenner Droid Factory base (minus all the interesting parts and pieces, of course) has about as much to do with Jabba the Hutt's dungeon as a three-legged donkey in the 3:30 at Chepstow!... God this set makes me angry! A blatant, super-cheap cash grab guaranteed to disappoint any poor child unlucky enough to get one!

Anyway, I grudgingly suppose no collection is complete without them - although quite frankly if you don't have them you really aren't missing much - so here's mine:
Pile of Crap 01 - 01.jpg
Pile of Crap 01 - 01.jpg (127.68 KiB) Viewed 284 times
Pile of Crap 01 - 02.jpg
Pile of Crap 01 - 02.jpg (124.36 KiB) Viewed 284 times
Pile of Crap 01 - 03.jpg
Pile of Crap 01 - 03.jpg (158.98 KiB) Viewed 284 times
Pile of Crap 01 - 04.jpg
Pile of Crap 01 - 04.jpg (165.75 KiB) Viewed 284 times
Pile of Crap 02 - 01.jpg
Pile of Crap 02 - 01.jpg (112.71 KiB) Viewed 284 times
Pile of Crap 02 - 02.jpg
Pile of Crap 02 - 02.jpg (151.42 KiB) Viewed 284 times
Pile of Crap 02 - 03.jpg
Pile of Crap 02 - 03.jpg (165.44 KiB) Viewed 284 times

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12507
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 41, 2019

Post by Pomse2001 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Capetown wrote:Mine:
Wow 2 beautiful playset, thanks for sharing your fantastic items :wink:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12507
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 41, 2019

Post by Pomse2001 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:39 pm

Snaketibe wrote:The Jabba the Hutt Dungeon Action Playset... ACTION?!!! Come off it! The Jabba the Hutt Super Cheapo Recycled Crap No Play Whatsoever Set, more like!... What a pile of crap this is! Granted the figures are great, but the recycled Kenner Droid Factory base (minus all the interesting parts and pieces, of course) has about as much to do with Jabba the Hutt's dungeon as a three-legged donkey in the 3:30 at Chepstow!... God this set makes me angry! A blatant, super-cheap cash grab guaranteed to disappoint any poor child unlucky enough to get one!

Anyway, I grudgingly suppose no collection is complete without them - although quite frankly if you don't have them you really aren't missing much - so here's mine:

Pile of Crap 01 - 01.jpg

Pile of Crap 01 - 02.jpg

Pile of Crap 01 - 03.jpg

Pile of Crap 01 - 04.jpg

Pile of Crap 02 - 01.jpg

Pile of Crap 02 - 02.jpg

Pile of Crap 02 - 03.jpg
Another 2 beautiful set, thanks mate for sharing them.

It could have been cool if kenner had not recycled the set from the droid factory base, I think they could have done a much better set than they did.

I agree if you do not have them then you are not missing much, only the potf figures :lol:

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12507
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 41, 2019

Post by Pomse2001 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:43 pm

First my jedi set, I still miss the figures, it is not easy to get some as a variant collector, all the time I just find new variants between them :lol:
01.jpg
01.jpg (112.3 KiB) Viewed 240 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (85.41 KiB) Viewed 240 times
03.jpg
03.jpg (257.1 KiB) Viewed 240 times
04.jpg
04.jpg (140.01 KiB) Viewed 240 times

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12507
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 41, 2019

Post by Pomse2001 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:44 pm

and my potf set, I still need to find a staff for amanaman and the droid before the set is complete.
05.jpg
05.jpg (96.65 KiB) Viewed 240 times
06.jpg
06.jpg (73.77 KiB) Viewed 240 times
07.jpg
07.jpg (204.98 KiB) Viewed 240 times
08.jpg
08.jpg (207.14 KiB) Viewed 240 times
09.jpg
09.jpg (225.21 KiB) Viewed 240 times
10.jpg
10.jpg (103.22 KiB) Viewed 240 times
11.jpg
11.jpg (237.16 KiB) Viewed 240 times

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3282
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 41, 2019

Post by Snaketibe » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:and my potf set, I still need to find a staff for amanaman and the droid before the set is complete.

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg
A nice pair of playsets, Lars. The Jabba the Hutt's Dungeon Action playsets are never going to be my favourite vintage toys, but I do genuinely like the boxes they come in, and it's also nice to see multiple examples being posted in this thread :-)

Thanks for sharing yours.

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12507
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 41, 2019

Post by Pomse2001 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:55 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:and my potf set, I still need to find a staff for amanaman and the droid before the set is complete.

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg
A nice pair of playsets, Lars. The Jabba the Hutt's Dungeon Action playsets are never going to be my favourite vintage toys, but I do genuinely like the boxes they come in, and it's also nice to see multiple examples being posted in this thread :-)

Thanks for sharing yours.
Thanks mate for the kind words :D I agree the boxes are great but also cool that there is potf figures in one of the playsets and that they are pictured on the box and the instruction :D

Post Reply